chapter 24: drugs

As the days passed Liam and I slowly began to forget about the birthday incident but every time we see Jack he would smirk at us and it made my blood boil.

Jack was even more unbearable after the birthday party. He seemed to Always make dumb jokes about people losing their money and keeps saying "imagined if one of our parents ran an illegal business to get rich"

Over time I began to get even more suspicious of what jack was up to. And soon I found out for myself what it was. I was in class one day when a random popular girl I didn't even know came up to me and said "I can't believe you had the guts to show up to school after what the police found in your dad's company. I guess some people are shameless.

I was very confused about what the girl was talking about and then it hit me. Something big must have happened in my dad's company. They must have found something illegal.

I took my phone out and scrolled through the news and then I found it. The title said "man smuggling drugs in business found":

Police searched well-known businessman James Watson's business to find that one of his storage units were filled with drugs.

Police hasn't told any more information other than the fact that they were tipped off by one of his old friends.

As I read I wished the ground would swallow me. I knew exactly who it was. It was that idiot jack. That stupid moron. How could he do this? His dad must have framed mine.

I ran out of class to tell Liam this but when I found him I knew he already knew.

He was surrounded by several people including Emma. "I'm so glad I left this loser. Can you believe what his dad does for a living"

"Shut up Emma. It's that bloody father of you dumb boyfriend, he framed my dad." I said and left with Liam.

As the day continued it just got worse. And Liam and I were the happiest when school ended that day. But then we got another shocker.

Instead of our private driver, mom came to pick us up. And she looked like she'd been crying for hours. as mom saw us she said, "I'll explain everything when we get home."

I expected mom to have come in her car but she just kept on walking and she led us to a small apartment. It was better than my place in Canada but way smaller than our mansion. I thought we were visiting someone when mom said "mia your room is the first on the left. Liam your is next to that. But your bags down and come here. We need to talk."

As I walked into my room I was in for a shock. It was even smaller than my one in Canada. But the good news was that it had air conditioning. And about the bathroom..... We'll that's one of the worst parts. There was only a shared bathroom in the entire apartment.

I met mom and Liam in the living room and mom told me to sit. Then she started the whole story. From the beginning "after the party, jack told his father and his father threatened your dad saying that if his son couldn't have your hand in marriage he would ruin him. And ruin him he did. He snuck drugs into the storage unit and Told the police. Then your father's company was sued and they took everything. And your father going to be in prison for 5 years." By now mom was crying. And Liam and I hugged her "don't worry. Liam and I will find a job and help you." It was easy enough to say but I knew it would be hard work.......