25: Hide And Seek

Melanie's pov

"I was not drunk I did saw her!" Angel furiously speak as the detective listen to her.

Me and my parents are also listening.

Well earlier this morning, we just heard knocking on our door.

I opened the door at it revealed angel. She really looked surprised.

I let her in and she started ranting about what she saw last night.

Then that is when we called the detective to come here at our house.

"can you explain all of the happenings?" he ask, looking away from the paper on his hands.

"well it was late at night, I was at the bar to get things out of my mind. I spent couple minutes there but I only drank twice. Only two.

I rest there for a bit until I saw billie's appearance across me, drinking.

She also saw me. She runs out and I followed her. I quickly drove to follow her car but I lose track" Angel explains.

"can you tell us where you saw her turn the last minute?" he asked once more.

"I just know... actually, do you know that part where there's a neighbour surrounded by trees and some farms?" angel said.

"oh yes. It's like an hour away from city" the detective answers.

"well can we head there first? We shod bring billie's family with us" my mom said and the detective agreed.

We went to the O'connell's house and inform them what happened.

They were relieved billie was alive and still not too for away.

Y/n's pov

I woke up with little sounds getting created.

I opened my eyes and I saw billie packing her things, already dressed up.

I looked at the time, it was 7:15 am.

I'm confused. Where are we going?

She noticed that I was already awake and she walked towards me.

"goodmorning baby. We're going somewhere and I already packed your things. Just wait for me here alright?" she said.

I nod my head, not being able to process everything since I just woke up.

My vision was a bit blurry from my sleep. I watch as billie packed her things, still sitting on the bed.

The time she was finally done, she offered to carry me and go downstairs.

I just know that she would go to the gym. That's why she have all of those muscles.

That's also why she can carry both me and her suit case while going downstairs.

Well, I'm not really that slim. Some people called me thick.

Maybe because of my thick thighs and kinda wide shoulders.

I don't know but I don't really think about it. I just know that I'm fine and healthy.

She lead us to her car as she puts me to the passenger seat.

"you can continue to sleep there mamas ok? You can just change your clothes when we're already there" she said, placing a kiss on my forehead after.

I nod as I fell asleep once again.

Only thing I remember hearing is billie locking the house, hiding the keys somewhere, then heading away before I completely passed out.

Melanie's pov

We all decided to head where the detective lead us.

It was a long hour until we reached the neighbour. We scanned the houses one by one but billie and her car wasn't there.

We continue until we saw the last house in the neighbourhood.

Well this house has a bigger distance from the other houses.

We all stopped infront the house as we looked for any clue or person who might know something related to billie.

Narrator's pov

Everyone searched for evidence. The door leading inside the house was locked.

But the detective surely knows its not abondoned at all.

The appliances were still shining out of the window from the inside. All new and not damaged.

The house was still clean. It's like someone just left couple minutes. And is never coming back.

The family decided to look for somebody who looks familiar in this place.

Right on time, they saw a man with his bike.

They let him stop as they asked questions.

"Were sorry to bother you but did someone just recently lived here?" the old couple interviews the man.

"Ah this house, yes. But it seems like no one's there anymore" the man with a thick accent answers.

"well when did you last saw them here?" they asked.

"yesterday was when I last saw a car and a woman here at this house" the longer the conversation lasted, the more it made sense.

"what color was the car?"

"black if I can remember"

"is there any way you know what car it was?"

"well... I don't really know anything about cars" the man laughs off.

"do you live anywhere near here?" the detective ask.

"I'm a farmer minutes away from this neighbourhood. So I get to see this houses often" the man said.

They talked and talked more.

And it was the part of trying to find the identity.

"what did the woman looked like sir?"  Patrick asked the man curiously.

"well as I remember.. short hair, kind of mascular, wears something expensive often, tall... Yeah that's all I see whenever I go here" those words explained what billie looks like.

"oh my god it must be billie. But where is she now?" Maggie apparently held to Patrick as they cried.

"i also think I saw another woman with her. She's smaller than the first lady and she has a longer hair. I don't see her often" the man adds.

In Melanie's mind, billie is living her life away from her family and everyone with another girl?

"she doesn't come out of the house at all?" another question from detective.

"no, not at all. And if I get to see her, that would only be when she's looking out of the window" the man said for the last time as everyone thanked him.

The man continues to bike, leaving them with alot of information.

Everyone just know its surely billie, but who is the woman with her?

Probably her new?

Only the couple almost an hour away from the house knows..

~

______________________________________