9: Investigation

Y/n's pov

It's been four days since that traumatising moment of our lives.

Where we lost someone that really matters to us.

We got home to ready a funeral for Veronica. The police were investigating the area where Veronica's body was found.

The police has found out that there was a cctv near the place. They played the cctv footage but it only showed a big umbrella covering half of the footage.

It was not clear and they couldn't see what was happening and who was there with her.

I've been crying every night. I'm sure my family hears me. It breaks my heart, knowing one of my sister is dead. Someone heartless killed her.

She did nothing wrong at all! Why does this have to happend?

It was supposed to be a good celebration for mothers day, but everyday, I only hear my mother mourn.

We couldn't accept it, but we have too.

It's already 9:27 pm and everyone is in their room.

I'm hugging one of Veronica's pillow. I can't, it just smells like her.

Suddenly, I heard a knock on my window. I stand up and moved my curtain to the side.

It was billie. I guess she climb in a ladder. I opened my window and let her in.

"what are you doing here?" I said while wiping my tears.

"well I was hearing you all those night, crying, so I thought it would be good to comfort you" she said.

"I got you some snacks" she adds. She hands me the plastic full of my favourite snacks and sat beside me on my bed.

"how did you know these are my favorites?" I asked. I never told her these type of things.

"I got my ways baby" she puts a smirk on her face, following with a wink.

"alright... Thanks by the way" I said.

"um y/n? Is it okay if I hug you?" she asked me, sitting a bit more closer to me.

"um yea sure" I said and she wraps her arms around me. She holds one of my hands and began to comfort me.

"shhh let it out y/n" she said as I cry. She gently pushed my head on her shoulder, then strokes my hair.

She massage my scalp and I felt myself getting sleepy.

As my body gently falls to her, she immediately catch me and lays me down.

She cuddles with me until I dozed off.

Billie's pov

Y/n was all cuddled up to me. Fuck, she's so cute. I just have this urge about kissing her and treating her more than this and ugh so much more.

I admire her beauty until I felt my phone buzz.

I carefully take one of my arms off of her and take my phone from my pocket.

It was a text from Melanie.

Melanie💗
- babe, are you still awake?
>yes baby, why?
-can you come here? Please just for a moment.

I think of an excuse for a second. I still don't want to get out of y/n's touch. If I said yes, it will ruin this moment I have been dreaming of.

>I'm sorry baby. I'm at my brothers house, we're trying to fix something.
-please billie I really just need someone.
>I'm really sorry baby. I can't.
Read 9:58 pm

She left me on read. I put my phone down and gathered my attention back to y/n.

I put my face closer to hers and fell asleep.

_______________

Y/n's pov

I woke up only to see me hugging a pillow.

I saw a letter laying beside me. I picked it up and it was from billie.

"goodmorning love <3 sorry I had to leave you this morning, you were too cute to wake up. Have a good morning baby :)" it says.

Then everything that happened last night began to replay in my mind.

She's just something else. I felt so comfortable and important in that moment. No one has ever made me feel that way.

Anyways, I got out of my bed and headed to the kitchen. When I was about to pass Melanie's room, I saw her and billie cuddling.

Wow. After last night, this is what she's going to do?

It's like a fucking game to her.

I walked past her bedroom and walk downstairs.

Great, I already have a bad day. My mom was cooking some breakfast while my dad was talking to someone on the phone.

"is there any evidence already?" my dad asked on the phone.

"we haven't found any evidence sir. We also asked many people here that may possibly have encountered what happened, but it seems like no one saw.

We also try to get some handprints, we did got some but it was all ruined by the rain these past days.

We still have alot more things that we think we can try. We'll tell you right away sir" the person from the other line said.

"alright. Thank you so much" my dad said and ends the call. The tension between the three of us in the kitchen was sad.

My mom lets out a heavy breathing as she puts the breakfast on the dining table.

"y/n, can you wake your sister up? Thank you" my mom said and I nod.

I walked in her open room and shake her a bit.

"Mel, Mel, wake up breakfast is ready" I said and billie seems to be already awake.

When she saw me, I have her a glare and got out of the room.

~timeskip~

1 week later

Were here, standing infront of my bead sister being buried.

Tears were spilling out of everyone's eyes.

Melanie was crying on billie's chest while my mom and dad hug each other.

My dad scoops me into a hug with mom and that is where I lost it completely.

I was crying hard. It wasn't easy.

After a while, the funeral was done. Everyone got home except for us.

"what are we gonna do without her?" I said.

"we will figure out honey. Everyone should stay together" my mom answers.

I can see those eyes, trying to hold a fountain of tears. If only I could take back time, I won't waste any second just to save Veronica.

~

_______________________________________
This is kinda sad. It was hard to write.