𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚑 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛

𝓐𝓭𝓲𝓻𝓪'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥

𝓐𝓭𝓲𝓻𝓪'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥

"Come on in!"

The Pack Nanny says and I send her a smile as I walk through the open door with Ares in my arms. Harry followed after me before Xena and lastly Zayn.

I entered the living room and noticed how quiet it was, due the Pup having their naps. Only Mateo remained, seated on the ground, surrounded by toys as he played. 

I sighed sadly and made my way over to one of the travel cots and placed a sleeping Ares down before making my way over to Mateo.

"Hello, little man."

I smile, sitting cross legged opposite him. He looks up at me with wide brown eyes and suddenly smiles, crawling his way over to me. 

I grin widely and pick him up before standing up with him in my arms. I turn and approach Zayn and Xena. Xena's eyes were trained onto Mateo.

I gently hand him over to Xena, who immediately takes him into her arms. She smiles at him and he squeals happily, placing his palm onto her cheek with a babble of coos. 

She turns to Zayn, who places his arm around his Mate's shoulder and peers down at Mateo with a happy expression.

Mateo holds his chubby hands out to Zayn, who, shocked, takes him from Xena. My hand goes to my mouth as I try to keep my tears at bay.

Harry tends to my side, wrapping his arms around my shoulders and pulling me to his side. The Pack Nanny approaches Zayn and Xena.

"He isn't so open with strangers. Since his parents passed, only Adira, Genevieve and myself are able to sooth him. This is a surprise."

She says and I nod. Zayn hands Mateo back to Xena, who happily accepts him. I eye Ares with a smile before turning back to the couple.

"Can we adopt him?"

Xena asks and the Pack Nanny nods, clapping her hands excitedly as she ushers them into her office. I turn to Harry with a grin.

"They're adopting him! I can't believe it! I'm so happy for them!"

I exclaim and Harry chuckles, kissing the top of my head.

🌙

𝒪𝓃𝑒 𝒲𝑒𝑒𝓀 ℒ𝒶𝓉𝑒𝓇

Ares's eye light up when I reach into his crib and pick him up. Being merely five weeks old, Ares is starting to change slightly.

I've noticed that his eyes seem to follow me whenever I'm near him. He actually smiles at me for something other than gas, which Harry chuckled at when I told him.

He has gained a little more weight, his tummy holding a little extra fat. He's less wriggly and more stable with his movements. 

He is more curious and actually reaches for toys placed next to him or tries to grab the toys on his mobile. He also is enjoying tummy time a lot more.