𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚑 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛

𝓐𝓭𝓲𝓻𝓪'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥

𝓐𝓭𝓲𝓻𝓪'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥

I landed with Ares in my arms and Genevieve and Amelia behind me and found myself back in Bessy's house with Eliza standing before us.

"Eliza!"

I exclaim, my lips wanting to tug up into a smile. Eliza's eyes find Ares and she smiles, stepping forward.

"Under the circumstances, it is good to see  you, and you Genevieve. Who is this?"

She asks, glancing at Amelia. I turn my head and step to the side to allow Amelia to be seen.

"Eliza, this is Amelia, our Gamma female. Amelia, this is Eliza, a dear friend."

I say, introducing the two. Amelia steps between me to hold her hand out to Eliza. Eliza takes it generously. I looked down at my feet and frown.

"Eliza? Do you happen to have any footwear? I've come unprepared for war."

I try to joke, but, it comes out as a scoff. Eliza's eyes widen and she nods, immediately turning to another Witch, who I hadn't seen enter the room.

"Can you get the Queen some shoes and prepare some food for our guests?"

The Witch bows and leaves the room. I move to the sofa, along with Genevieve as I try to push thoughts of Harry out of my head and focus on Ares.

"Are we safe here?"

I ask Eliza and she immediately nods.

"Every Witch alive is linked to a protection spell on the island. While you and our Wolf Prince is here, the spell stays."

She says and I nod, glancing down at Ares to see him already looking at me, his dummy now resting on his chin, having fallen from his mouth. I sigh and pop it back between his lips.

"I'm sorry, my baby. This isn't how I wanted to remember your birthday."

I say.

"Harry'll have us back in no time. Then, we'll have a big celebration of our little Wolf Prince's birth."

Genevieve promises me, laying her hand onto my shoulder. I nod with a smile and turn to her.

"You found out about your baby today, right? Are you telling people?"

I ask her and she gives me a warm smile while rubbing her bump.

"Even if I wasn't, I'd still tell you."

She says and my heart warms at her statement.

"We're having a little girl."

She says and my smile widens. A little girl? What bliss. However, my smile wavers slightly when I remember that she lost a little boy. One of each. Such a tragedy.