𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛

𝓐𝓭𝓲𝓻𝓪'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥

𝓐𝓭𝓲𝓻𝓪'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥

The next morning, I awoke later than usual

The next morning, I awoke later than usual. I knew it was because of yesterday. When my Wolf takes control during training, I always feel drained afterwards.

I dressed myself and had breakfast, which consisted of cereal and milk. I had to wait at my cottage until Omega Genevieve arrived to collect me.

I'm still confused as to why the Alpha King wants to meet me formally given that yesterday didn't go swimmingly. Still, I cannot refuse the Alpha King unless I want a stint in the Dungeons.

I was currently sat in my kitchen, on one of the bar stools. My kitchen was a decent size, the walls being a royal green colour, the floors being a black tiled and the cupboards and counters being a lighter black. I didn't have an oven because the Pack Nanny always brings me food over and also does my laundry, given the lack of a washing machine. I do have a microwave though. My fridge sat below one cut out cupboard, small and petite. One floor to ceiling window sat on the back wall while one medium sized one sat above the sink, rectangle in shape.

"Adira?"

I'm brought out of my thoughts by a knock at the door. My front door is always open during the day and closed and locked during the night.

Omega Genevieve steps inside and I immediately stand to attention.

"Omega."

I say and she sighs, but, doesn't correct me, not seeing the point I suppose.

"The Alpha King is awaiting us."

She says and I nod and follow her from my cottage. We walk side by side in silence and we soon reach the Pack House. Genevieve stops outside of the office and I turn to her, frowning.

"The Alpha King just requested you. I'll be elsewhere. Good luck."

She says, squeezing my shoulder before disappearing. I sigh and turn back to the office door. I take a breath and knock on the door.

"Come in."

I hear the masculine deep voice of the Alpha King call out and I push the door open, walking inside.

The Alpha King is sat on his desk chair, typing away on his laptop when I enter. I close the door this time and stand by it, waiting for further instructions.

"You can sit."

His voice resonates through the room and my legs carry me over to one of the chairs by his desk. I sit myself down and almost groan at the plushiness and softness of the chair, but, manage to hold it back.

He doesn't look up at me the whole time, just stares down at his laptop, his face being illuminated by the brightness of the screen. After a few minutes pass with nothing said, I decide to test the waters.

"Alpha? Omega Genevieve said that you wanted to meet me formally?"

I question, my voice soft as I stare at him. The atmosphere feels much less tense than yesterday, but, I'm still not one hundred percent comfortable.

"Yes. Given that you were born in my Pack and your parents were my Father's Beta Couple, not to mention your Sigma status, it seemed only fitting, wouldn't you agree?"

He questions, finally looking up at me and my breath hitches again at his gaze as his eyes bore into mine.

"Yes, Alpha. I only assumed that you wanted to meet me because of the Rogue's."

I say, lowering my eyes from his, not wanting him to think that I was challenging him. I hear the sound of his laptop lid closing before he stands, his chair making a slide squeaky sound as he does.

"Well, that was one reason."

He says, leaning on the edge of his desk as he peers down at me. My Wolf stirs uncomfortably and I frown.

"I am pulling you from Border Patrol. I have Warriors and my Delta Couple for that duty. Your new assignment is here with me. You are on Protective Detail until further notice."

He says and I raise my head, staring at him. He is pulling me from the borders to protect him when he is stronger than me? That makes no sense.

"May I ask why? I've been on Border Patrol since I was thirteen. I'm hardly the right Wolf for Protective Detail."

I say, shaking my head. The Alpha King contemplates my question before he peers down at me, his eyes darkening.

"There is to be a war, Adira. I want you here with me when they come. No exceptions. I want you to continue training, but, with Delta Xena. You may remain at home, but, two Warriors will be stationed outside of your home from now on. They are from a neighbouring Pack, Full Moon. Understood?"

He asks and I frown heavily. I am so confused right now. Why is he suddenly pulling me from the duty I've had since I was thirteen?

"Alpha. May I know why? With all due respect, Border Patrol is all I've ever known. I'm good at it."

I say, looking him in the eyes. He nods, pushing off of his desk to move closer to me.

"I don't doubt that. However, maybe you should learn other workings of the Pack. You never know what the future holds. Go now. Omega Genevieve is waiting for you."

He says, walking back around his desk and sitting down. I sigh, but, stand and leave his office as instructed, seeing Omega Genevieve outside as he had said.

"Everything okay?"

She asks as I shut the door. I shake my head and follow her out of the Pack House.

"No. He is taking me off of Border Patrol for Protective Detail. I'm confused. I'm rubbish at Protective Detail. Border Patrol is all I've ever known. I'm just confused."

I say, sighing as I continue through the main area. I was hungry and in need of a sandwich or something.

🌙

𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓭 𝓟𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥

"You really think that this will protect her, H?"

Louis asks Harry as he watches Adira and Genevieve leave the Pack House through the window of his office. He shakes his head.

"No. I've heard of her rebellious streak. She'll disobey my orders and sneak to the borders. I just need to be ready for when she does."

Harry says and Louis nods, approaching him to watch out of the window as well.

Harry knew that he couldn't protect Adira forever, especially given how far she lives from the Pack House and her difiant nature, but, he would try with all he had.

🌙

Thank You All For Reading And Voting! I Hope You All Enjoyed This Chapter!

A.N: Just To Let You Guys Know, My Mother Is Currently Fighting For Her Life In Hospital. She Has Terminal Cancer, So Updates May Be Slow! Thank You All For Understanding.

Please Vote!

The Images In This Chapter Were Created Using Google And Picsart!

- SI444

EDITED

1146 Words.