𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚑 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛

𝓐𝓭𝓲𝓻𝓪'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥

𝓐𝓭𝓲𝓻𝓪'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥

"Grayson? How are you alive? We were told that you were killed while on Border Patrol."

I ask, my voice failing me as it breaks. Aurora whines inside my head, shaking her head as the betrayal becomes too much for her to handle.

Grayson glares at me, taking me aback. His hands grip the bars until his knuckles turn white. He's lucky that Harry had the silver removed from the cells when he became King, or he'd be burning right now.

"I know. It wasn't hard to fool you and the old hag. I found out what you were when the hag and King Desmond were talking the day before he died. Said that you were a Lycan, the last of your kind. He planned to lock you away down here, using your blood to heal his Warrior's and eventually, breed you to continue the Lycan bloodline."

Grayson says and my stomach drops and I feel sick. Harry slams his hand onto the bars with a growl as Hudson tries to get control.

"Lies! My Father would never stoop that low!"

Harry says and I frown. Wouldn't he? I've heard the rumours over the years about King Desmond. He's the reason Harry's Mother and Sister were murdered by Vampire's, not to mention my own Father.

"Why do you want me dead?"

I ask, my voice finding my strength as Aurora grows angry. Grayson scoffs, leaning away from the bars as he stares at me.

"Minerva has seen the future. The power you hold will end the Witch and Vampire lines. We can't have that."

He says and I frown, stepping closer to the cell as Beta Louis and Gamma Liam look ready to pounce if  something goes wrong.

"Why do you care about the Witch and Vampire lines? You're a Werewolf."

I say, confused, and he chuckles, nodding his head.

"Say, what did the hag say was my cause of death?"

He asks, eyeing me and I shrug.

"You followed a suspicious character off of Pack lands and were never seen again."

I say, watching as Harry fidgets beside me.

"Yes. I was patrolling the West Border when I caught a whiff of something metallic. I followed it. Wasn't until I got about two miles from my station that I realised I wasn't on Pack territory anymore. I was led into a trap by a Vampire."

He says, smiling and that's when I realise the ugly truth about my childhood friend.

"You were turned. You're a Hybrid."

I say with dread and he grins, pulling his sweater down for me to see two puncture wounds scarred on his neck. I find my eyes stinging and becoming watery.