𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚑 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛

𝓐𝓭𝓲𝓻𝓪'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥

𝓐𝓭𝓲𝓻𝓪'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥

The Alpha K- Harry finished eating and left last night, mumbling something about the borders

The Alpha K- Harry finished eating and left last night, mumbling something about the borders. As much as I wanted to follow him and find out for myself what is going on, I stayed put, not daring to go against his orders.

I did, however, use my Wolf hearing. I mean, all he said was to not do Border Patrol, he didn't say I couldn't eavesdrop.

Although, it wasn't until he had left that I realised I was supposed to be on Protective Detail, the whole reason I was taken off of the borders in the first place. So, why wasn't I allowed to go with him and protect him?

Instead, I listened in. From what I could make out, Rogues are stalking the perimeter and not penetrating our borders, meaning we can't touch them.

I wondered why given that this Pack contains the strongest Wolves in the world. Why not attack a neighbouring Pack with less muscle?

I listened for a little while longer before retiring to bed.

When I awoke the next morning and headed downstairs, Genevieve was already there, startling me.

"Genevieve! You startled me. Is everything okay? You're early."

I point out, easing myself down onto a kitchen stool and looking at her. She shakes her head with a sigh.

"We had a near breach last night. Rogues were circling the borders. We can't touch them until they breach, but, it's driving us crazy!"

She says, running her hand through her hair and I frown as I stare at her.

"Yeah, The Al- Harry was here last night. He left in a hurry."

I say and her eyes widen.

"Harry was here? Last night? With you?"

She asks, shocked by my words. I nod and stand to make us both a coffee.

"Yeah. He dropped off dinner and I invited him to share it with me."

I shrug, fixing the drinks. When I turn, her jaw is lightly dropped and she is now sitting in my seat.

"You okay?"