𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚑 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛

𝓐𝓭𝓲𝓻𝓪'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥

𝓐𝓭𝓲𝓻𝓪'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥

I had wondered back to my home. I know that it was dangerous for me to be this close to the borders without protection, but, right now, I didn't care.

I had just discovered that Harry, the Alpha King, is my Mate. My new title will soon become Lycan Luna Queen, my Sigma Rank being replaced.

I knew enough about Mate's to know that a Male just needs to maintain eye contact with a Female to realise that she's his Mate. That means he knew I was his Mate from our first meeting.

That explains so much!

Everything that has happened to me since I met Harry was because I am his Mate and this Pack's Luna.

Only now that I'm thinking about it, it must have been so hard for Harry and Hudson to keep this secret. I don't know why I ran. I mean, I get to finally have some symbol of a family, something I envied growing up.

With a sigh, I hopped onto my kitchen stool. Aurora was quiet within me, her anger being replaced with sadness.

I'm sorry, Aurora. I don't know why I ran. I can feel the pull of the Mate Bond already.

At least now I know why his answer about relationships affected me so much.

"Go back to him. Make amends, Adira. He is our Mate. He cares for us."

Aurora pleads and I frown. Apart from the Pack Nanny, nobody has ever cared for me before or worried if I'm safe or if I've eaten that day.

With a smile, I get off of the stool and make my way over to my front door. I need to make things right with Harry.

However, before I could exit, I catch a whiff of a Packless, their Rogue scent no match for my Sigma snout.

I quickly duck behind the open door and observe the situation.

One by the kitchen window, two by the entrance and one at the rear.

"I thought you said that she'd be here, dude."

The one by the entrance says to the other beside him.

"She's supposed to be. It's where she lives."

The other tries to defend before I hear the familiar sound of the breach siren blare out across the Pack land.

"Shit, dude, let's bounce!"

The one by the kitchen window panics and the three of them take off and I take this opportunity to catch the one at the rear before he escapes.

He is just running past the door when I leap on him, both of us tumbling to the ground. I take this time to shift, my clothes falling in shreds around me as Aurora growls menacingly at the Packless, licking her snout.