How We've Met! ~ CH-92

Start from the beginning

"And finally, the fire type, Charmander's stamp is available on the top of that hill." He pointed to the hill behind the children. Everyone turned around to see the large hill themselves.

"This scavenger hunt is to be done in order. So first you need to get the Grass-type, Bulbasaur in the forest. Then, you need the Water-type Squirtle near the lake. And finally, you need the Fire-type Charmander up on the hill. Then, who makes it back first is the winner!" Professor Oak said in an enthusiastic voice while the children, except for Serena cheered loudly.

"Now there is some extra information you need to know. Around the path you will have to walk, there will be multiple staff members so you can't get lost. Furthermore, this task is to be done alone. Does everyone understand?"

Everyone cheered and nodded with their hands in the air. Everyone except for Serena who wasn't noticed by the professor.

Ugh... I hate this place! And now we need to do this stupid Scavenger hunt aswell. Why did mom force me to go here, I don't like it! I hate it! Serena thought as she looked down in sadness.

Noticing the other kids made their way over to the start, she reluctantly got up and joined them. Feeling a bit shy and nervous, she took a couple steps away from the others. The camp was almost going on for a week now and was almost over and she didn't have the nerves to make any friends.

"This time, I'm gonna beat you Gary!" Ash shouted to his rival with determination in his voice.

"Over my dead body Ashy-boy! You'll have no chance of beating me!" Gary retorted in a mocking manner.

"Everyone on your marks! 3... 2... 1... GO!" Professor Oak yelled before shooting a flare in the sky. Within a beat, everyone started running into the forest. Ash and Gary took the lead immediately, not letting either of them get upfront.

Young Serena sighed. She reluctantly started walking into the forest aswell. She didn't want to but she had to do this scavenger hunt aswell. "Owhhh... I just better finish this up quickly and be done with it." She complained to no one in particular.

(---)

Serena sighed. "I've been walking through this stupid forest for something around 30 minutes and there's no sign of a post where I can get my first stamp. So much for being unable to get lost huh." Serena muttered in an irritated manner. She hung her head low, walking through the lines of trees.

"Atleast there aren't any scary pokemon around here..." Serena muttered. Then, suddenly a few bushes started rustling. "Ahhh! Me and my big mouth!" She yelled in panic, covering her mouth with both hands.

Looking at the rustling bushes, she slowly started to back away. "W-Who's there---?" Serena scarily asked, slowly stepping back.

Suddenly a root got stuck behind her heel. "Ahh!" Serena shrieked before falling backwards. During the fall, Serena tried to twist herself around in order to catch herself by placing her hands on the ground quickly but during the twisting, her knee struck the tree of the root she fell over.

"Oww!" Serena gritted her teeth in pain, covering her knee with her hand. Her knee had a bloody bruise on it and it stung Serena badly as she backed up to the tree to lean against it.

The rustling stopped and suddenly a small, blue pokemon with a circling pattern on its belly jumped out of them. Serena looked at the pokemon, she felt scared and didn't know what to do.

The pokemon, which turned out to be a Poliwag looked at her in confusion before looking back in front of it and hopping away. Serena sighed in relief. "I hate this place! I never wanted to go here, I want to go home!" She yelled.