𝗝𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝘅 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿: 𝘋𝘢𝘮𝘯 𝘪𝘵 𝘒𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘩𝘶

<~~~>
𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨 : Jake Lockley
𝙇𝙚𝙣𝙜𝙩𝙝 : medium - 817 words
𝙏𝙮𝙥𝙚 : fluffy
Thank you for being patient with chapters - I appreciate it!
<~~~>

You and Jake had just completed a mission of which Khonshu had asked you two to do. It had been a long day and you thought you where going slightly crazy as time continued - for some reason, you thought you kept seeing Jake staring at you. In the end you put it down to your imagination going crazy due to the long day.

Both you and Jake where now sitting outside a small food shop in the city of Cairo. The sun was no longer blazing and in its place was the pitch black sky and a glowing crescent moon. The light shined down and reflected on the still water of the lake that ran through the city - you so happened to be entranced by the body of water that you didn't notice Jake staring at you or him calling your name.

"Y/n!" Jake said for the third time with a hint of impatience in his voice. Swiftly you turned around in your chair to face your friend...who you liked. "Yes?" You responded with a calm attitude, which immediately rubbed off on Jake.

"When we first became friends you said I could tell you anything, right?" In his voice you were able to hear a slightly bit of anxiousness - to anybody else, it would have sounded normal but you could tell Jake was getting slightly nervous. He wasn't always a tough, brutal, murderer that everyone always made him out to be.
"Yes... why?"
"Can I tell you something? But. But. I need you to promise that you won't hate me for it alright?"

You were beginning to get concerned. What had he done? Is he in trouble? Was it something to do with Steven or Marc? Or maybe Khonshu? Was he leaving? Thoughts had began to go wild in your head and you couldn't stop them.

"Of course, but please, say it now because you starting to worry me Jake."

He releases a big sigh and leans over, reaching for one of your hands that was on the table in between the two of you. Jake gently grabbed your hand and gently cradled it within the two of his hands - making sure not to apply too much pressure as you had receive a large gash on your palm, while fighting earlier that day.

"...te quiero."
"...what?"
"te quiero."
"Jake." You took a big sigh in - you had no clue what he was saying, and this was only prolonging the reveal of what he was so nervous to talk you about, your anxiousness was increasing rapidly. "I don't speak or understand Spanish, you know this."
"....It means 'I love you.'"
"....what?" Your voice turning into a subtle whisper.
"What do mean 'what?' Do you not understand english now either?" Jake replied to your comment sarcastically.

"You love me?" You couldn't help but allow a small smile to slip through. Jake gave a slight nod. "...Yes."

"I love you too." As you responded, the both of you made eye contact - a look of love and passion replaced the once look of anxiousness and nervousness. Jake and you remained in silence, continuing to hold the loving eye contact (each others eyes only drifting every now and then to avoid it getting awkward) - you intertwined your fingers with his as his rough fingertips caressed your knuckles. It wasn't awkward. Just two young lovers who had no words for how they were feeling in that exact moment.

But that damned pigeon always has to ruin everything.

Khonshu's snarky comment harshly broke through the once peaceful and tranquil silence. "Stop it you stupid mortals." Both you and Jake turned to look and the clump of bones that loomed over the top of you. A look of surprise on your face and a look of annoyance on Jake's.

"What Khonshu?" Jake stated in a snappy tone - obviously not impressed at the fact the god had ruined a moment with the person he just confessed his undying love to.

"We have a new mission. We need to leave. Now." As Khonshu continued to talk, all you could focus on was Jake's fingers continuing to gently rub your knuckles and back of your hand. Jake let's out a loud sigh as Khonshu disappears into the atmosphere.

"I need to leave hermosa, but I'll be back shortly." He presses a quick kiss to your forehead, "te quiero, stay safe!" He shouted back to you as he went running down into one of the long alleys of Cairo. The next time you were to see him was 5 days later - this time not giving you a kiss on the forehead, but instead, a passionate kiss with his lips on yours.

<~~~>
𝗘𝗻𝗱
𝗛𝗼𝗽𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗲𝗻𝗷𝗼𝘆𝗲𝗱, 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗶𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗱𝗶𝗱, 𝗮 𝘃𝗼𝘁𝗲 𝗼𝗿 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗯𝗲 𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱

𝘙𝘌𝘘𝘜𝘌𝘚𝘛𝘚: closed
<~~~>