𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗰, 𝗝𝗮𝗸𝗲 & 𝗦𝘁𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝘅 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿: 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘥

<~~~>
𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨 : Marc Spector, Jake Lockley and Steven Grant
𝙇𝙚𝙣𝙜𝙩𝙝 : LONG - 1614 words
𝙏𝙮𝙥𝙚 : angst to fluffy
<~~~>

It was your birthday.

No, it wasn't one of the major ones but it still deserved to be celebrated and your idea of celebration was spending the day with your boyfriends; Marc, Jake and Steven. However, as you read on, you will discover that your perfect celebration didn't go to plan.

You had woken up this morning only to find yourself alone in bed, no boyfriend in sight. As the day continued there was no Steven. No Marc. No Jake. You had tried calling them on their phone multiple times, but the call was never returned. The only logical explanation you could think of, as to why they would miss your birthday, was due to having to go on an important, emergency mission for the stupid pigeon. It got to 2pm, and you had enough of sulking in your apartment alone, so you decided to take a walk in your favourite park - you hoped it would cheer up your mood, even if it was only a little bit.

Time continued as you daydreamed and made your way to the park, through it and on your journey home. Most of your daydreams were about were the hell your boyfriends were and whether they were okay. However, something you didn't know, was during your time at the park, your boyfriends had come home to an empty house. Steven began to get concerned about your whereabouts (which only made Marc and Jake get worried as-well) , but they pushed the thought aside as there was a knock on the door. Swiftly walking over and unlocking the door, they found Layla, on old friend of Marc's and yours, stood outside the door.

"O-h hey Layla, how are you?" A surprised tone taking over Steven's voice,
"I'm alright thanks Steven, you? She stated with a small smile.
"Good, yeah good." Silence quickly became prominent, "...w-would you like to come in? Have a cup of coffee?"
"Sure," Layla replied while stepping into the apartment and having a seat on the coach, she continued, "is (y/n) not home?"
Steven entered the lounge with two cups of coffee in his hands, handing one to Layla he took a seat beside her on the soft coach.
"No, they weren't home when we get here a few hours ago. We've tried ringing them but no response." An American accent was now present, signifying Marc was now fronting.
"In that case I'll finish this coffee and head off, don't want be be in your guys hair, I'll them visit another day. But I'll leave their present here, with you, for when (y/n) gets back home." Layla stated when sipping small parts of her warm drink.
"...Present?"
"Yes, their present."
"Is there a reason you've got them a gift?"
"...you joking? Right?" Layla's face showed disbelief and so did her tone.
"Layla, we have no clue why you've got them a present. Have you mentioned this gift to us before? Is it something we were in on?"
"Marc!" Layla said with both shock and anger.
"What?" concern was now present in Marc's voice. What had they forgot? What had they missed?
"Steven? Jake? Even you guys have forgot?"

All of a sudden, Marc's eyes changed and you could tell it was Jake. A New York accent prominent in his speech, "what have we missed Layla?"
Layla replied with a sigh and her head in her hands; "Do you guys know the date today?"
"Steven said it's- Oh god." Realisation had stuck Jake as soon as he heard Steven (within one of the mirrors to the side of him) state the date of today. Marc and Steven, now more worried, we're shouting at Jake to tell them what they had done.

"It's their birthday. Today. We missed it. We forget it."

Steven panicked and was on the verge of tears: how-how could we forget this? How?!
Marc began to blame him self and was getting frustrated: idiot! Why didn't you remember!
Jake sat on the coach in silence, disappointed in himself and the other alters for forgetting their own partner's Birthday. And for missing the majority of it. Layla stared at the boys with a sad look it her eyes, she knew it wasn't their intention to miss your birthday but she also couldn't help feeling slightly angry at them. All is a sudden, Jake broke the painful silence; "that's probably why they aren't here. To avoid their boyfriends who somehow managed to forget their birthday."

Time continued for another hour or two and Layla had been gone for quite a while by now. You were yet to return. Steven was now fronting and walking laps around the apartment, trying to think of what to do and say when they eventually see you next. Or he was thinking about where the hell you were and whether you were okay. Jake had gone quiet and wasn't putting any input into Steven's and Marc's conversations - he didn't even talk when they made conversation with him directly. Marc was trying to calm down Steven and in doing so, looked and seemed to be quite relaxed - however, he was internally panicking. He didn't like not knowing where you were, after all you where his love.

Meanwhile (as Steven is talking to the man in the mirror and Jake is nowhere to be seen) your standing outside your guys apartment door, attempting to get the courage to unlock it and go in. You could hear fainting talking and sometimes shouting but you weren't always able to make out what was being said. What you did manage to hear was the following:
"Where are they Marc?"
"What if their not okay? What is their hurt?"
"What is their mad at us?"
"We blood forgot their birthday?"
"Oh havens sake"
"How did we all manage to forget and miss most of our lovers birthday"

You could tell us was Steven - the British accent and the soft but panicked tone. Steven was worrying, and by the founds of it, the other two were as well. You weren't angry. Just a little upset and you defiantly didn't want Steven, Marc or Jake to think you were mad at them. All you wanted was to spend your birthday was your boyfriends - but that didn't happen. But you weren't going to hold a grudge or blame them for forgetting. You always tried you best to forgive you boyfriends - they did so much for you and cared a lot, why hold a grudge against them for just forgetting one of your birthdays?

You finally worked up the courage and unlocked the door, slowly walking into the apartment. As soon as you were fully in the room, you closed the door behind you, only to turn back around and see Steven still talking to his reflection. They hadn't noticed your appearance.

However, Steven came to a holt mid sentence, and swiftly turned around to look in your direction. Marc, who you had presumed your boy Steven was talking to, had presumably given away your position - seeing as he would be the only one able to see you, considering Steven had his back turned on you.

"...(y/n)" a sense of confusion and concern was laced in Steven's voice as he spoke gently. It was like he was afraid to brake the deadly silence if he spoke to loudly or harshly. "H-hey Steven... Marc and Jake as well... if you guys are there..." Your voice was filled with hesitation, causing you to stutter. You had no clue what to say and do in this situation. All of a sudden, Steven rushed towards you and pulled you into a tight hug. "I'm sorry- were all sorry- we can't believe we all forget your birthday. We're- we're so sorry (y/n). I'm so sorry." Gently and slowly, you wrapped your arms around Steven's waste and hugged him back.

"It's fine, mistakes happen."
"But it's not fine." A New York accent taking over his voice. Jake had made an appearance after being silent for too long. "I say it's fine. So it's fine Jake."
...
"-it's still not okay-"
"Jake."
"Yes el cariño?"
"Stop holding a grudge on yourself. I'm not holding a grudge on any of you, I forgave you as soon as I walked through the door."

Silence overcame the apartment once again, but the person to break it this time was Marc. "I love you baby. And I'm still going to apologise, even if you say it's fine. So, I'm sorry. I promise- we all promise, that we'll make it up to you."
"You boys don't need to do that."
"Jake's right. We want to." Marc replied in a stern tone, as if to say; just accept it, it's going to happen anyway. "Okay, you can make it up to me tomorrow." "Deal" both you and Marc exchanged smiles and held each other in a tight hug again - Marc's head was on your head which was leaning on his firm chest. Marc managed to slice the silence in half once again.

"Steven and Jake are mad at me because it said that 'I love you' instead of 'we love you'. So they both say that they 'love you very very much'."
"I love you too Steven. I love you too Jake. And I love you too Marc."
"I think you know how much we love you sweetheart." Marc responded with a laugh within his voice, giving you a sweet kiss to the forehead.

<~~~>
𝗘𝗻𝗱
𝗛𝗼𝗽𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗲𝗻𝗷𝗼𝘆𝗲𝗱, 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗶𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗱𝗶𝗱, 𝗮 𝘃𝗼𝘁𝗲 𝗼𝗿 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗯𝗲 𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱

𝘙𝘌𝘘𝘜𝘌𝘚𝘛𝘚: 𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘯
<~~~>