59| How Could Anyone Say No to Her

T H I R D  P E R S O N P O V

SAMUEL CONTINUED TO DRIVE UNTIL he makes it to Matteo's office.

He didn't know what to say so it was quiet—awkward—silence in the car.

Victoria just continued tapping her fingers and made up a random beat. She started at the window because she as well didn't know what to say.

"Can you stop that." Samuel snapped.

"Stop what?" Victoria asked him, cluelessly.

"Tapping your fingers."

Victoria immediately stopped and turned towards Samuel.

"Uh, okay let me not make this awkward then it already is." She said.

"What is your favourite colour?" Victoria asked.

Victoria then realized that she's always asking that specific question; 'what is your favourite colour.'

She doesn't know why but she doesn't mind, she likes knowing others favourite colour.

"Don't have one." Samuel shrugs.

"You can't not have one." Victoria argues and tries to get the truth out of him.

"I'm telling the truth," he says, "I really don't have a favourite colour."

Victoria looked at him with a scared expression, "how don't you like a single colour?"

He looks at the red light with a confused expression, "I don't know."

She sighs, "don't worry! We'll figure it out."

Samuel looks at her weirdly but leaves his thoughts to himself.

About another hour later they finally make it to Matteo's office.

"Wait before you knock, pretend I am not here and I'll surprise him." Victoria whispered to Samuel.

"Easier because I don't have to pretend." Samuel winked in a jokingly manner and raised his hand up to knock.

Victoria steeped a bit to the left to the point Matteo wouldn't be able to see her.

"Samuel." Matteo greeted and clasped Samuel's hand.

Samuel greeted Matteo back and before they can go sit down in his office, Victoria ran behind Samuel and surprised Matteo.

"Guess who's here!" While Victoria yelled that Samuel took the time to move himself so that he's in the room and Victoria's in front of Matteo, her boyfriend.

Matteo didn't say much other than giving her a huge hug and letting Victoria wrap her legs around his torso.

He grabbed her butt and whispered in her ear as she inhaled Matteo's scent.

"I fucking missed you, baby." Matteo spoke loud enough only for Victoria to hear.

She chuckled, "don't start me on how much I missed you."