blurry | jay w.

[Jay is kidnapped by a dark experimentation agency, run by alleyway scientists and funded by the quiet government, determined to find out what literally lets his energy run

[Jay is kidnapped by a dark experimentation agency, run by alleyway scientists and funded by the quiet government, determined to find out what literally lets his energy run. The only question now is, will the team be able to reach him before it's too late?]

A/N: day seven we are a wEEK in and the prompt is experimentation dammit okay fINE I will – i'm behind i'm behind by a day oh help geez i may be a cole simp

• • •

Jay wakes up a few times in between the pain.

There's times where he doesn't feel anything, just floats with the stars in the sky. They litter his vision, small white pinpoints of brightness within the dark.

There's something holding him down, but he only gets pain if he tries to tug away, so he doesn't.

When he does feel the hurt, it always bites too deep into his wrists and ankles, suffocating him painfully tight. He hates it, but his head is always too fuzzy, too full of blurry thoughts and outlines for him to properly think through the numbness.

It comes in all shapes and forms, like the lack of air, clear oxygen bubbling from his lips as he desperately tries to suck a breath in, only to be met with cold water. Someone screams questions at him over and over, about hideouts and powers, and names he can't quite remember.

Every syllable feels like a knife driven into his mind.

Blades and needles are sliced and dug into him, surgically placed for the only reason of taking apart his insides. Sometimes he's sticky wet with dark crimson red, spilling from a new place every time he's shook awake. His blood is stolen, too much every time, and he always finds the periods of darkness a little longer after those.

He can't really feel his lightning now. It's always there, but he can't reach it. It buzzes through his veins uselessly, jumping and snapping helplessly, with no outlet to empty itself through.

He fades into the clouds of darkness perpetually lingering at the edge of his vision, in fits of restlessness and uncontrollable twitching.

He's the Master of Lighting, Jay thinks one day, when the pain isn't bad enough to clear out all of his thoughts. He's not meant to be still.

One day, it's louder than usual. The blank white room is usually quiet, clinking of glinting metals and quiet whispers the only repeating sound.

This time, there's more. There's screams and shouts that aren't his, faint dull thumps and echoing footsteps sounding down the hall.

The door slams open, a shattering crash ringing through his ears, and Jay distantly wonders if this is the day he dies.

Then there's warm hands around his face, soft sweet whispers making their way through his constant messy thoughts. Tight bonds fall away from his limbs, accompanied with the rush of stabbing hurt spread through his body again. Jay doesn't say anything, though. He's used to much more and his lungs feel like all sound has been scraped from them bit by bit.

His eyelids flutter open and he winces quietly, trying to force himself to look at the painfully familiar faces in front of him.

"Jay?" Deep pools of brown blink down at him, filled with worry, and Jay reaches up, only to have his hand pushed back down softly.

"No, no, don't move." Cole murmurs, preoccupied with the trying task of removing the IVs. Normally it hurts like hell, but Jay's too distracted with the person in front of him to feel the metal sting.

"Cole?"

"Yeah, it's us, bud. Sorry it took us so long."

"S'kay. You came."

"Always, Jay."