paid in blood | harumi

[Harumi decides to carve her revenge in blood.]

A/N: hihihi have a very random torture scene for day 11. also all you wonderful amazing people who have been giving my fics so much love i appreciate you all tons and you have no idea how much it means to me like it motivates so much me to write even more thank you all so much. i am sending daisies and cups of hot chocolate to everyone.

• • •

Lloyd's dragged into the room kicking and screaming, fighting against the blank faced guards as hard as he can.

He's not proud of it, but it's the only path of resistance he can find, and if it can make Harumi's life one bit harder he'll do it.

"Lloyd." Her voice is like poison in his veins, burning ice down his spine.

"Don't." He snaps back, sharp and unforgiving.

"Don't what, Lloyd?" She hisses tauntfully, and draws something dark from her pocket. "How can you stop me?"

Metal glints along his vision, bright enough to show him the knife reflected in her hand.

Silver slides through flesh, sending bright red spilling down to the floors. Blazing pain tears through his arm, ripping through skin, and Lloyd can barely keep a wince from escaping at the feeling.

Harumi lifts her hand, elegant fingers stained with dark blood. It drips to the floor slowly, quiet drips echoing through the silent room. She brushes her thick locks back behind her shoulders, crimson staining ivory white.

"I don't know what you want, but you're not going to get it." Lloyd spits viciously, glaring up at her with green eyes burning a defiant fire.

"Oh, Lloyd. I'm looking for revenge—" She brushes the blade down his cheek, and smiles softly. "And I have it right here."

The world grows a little darker, outlines turning rough and blurry, and dark sits at the edge of his vision, threatening to fade in.

"I'll force you to watch everything you love die," she murmurs, voice light as a feather. "That'll be payment enough."

She continues dragging the razor sharp edge down his skin, one careful line after another.

"Harumi," he whispers, clenched fingers digging into his palms "This isn't you."

She gives a sharp laugh.

"Always the same argument, Lloyd. 'This isn't you.' 'You're not like this.' "

A slash down his face, welling dark scarlet.

"You should really find another. This one's getting old."

Another quick cut follows in succession, and this time he can't bite back a gasp of pain.

"Don't you understand?"

Shining steel clatters to the floor, sending blood-red drops flying through the air.

"Harumi is dead, " she says, soft green eyes almost glowing with quiet anger. "There is only the Quiet One."