Chapter 17 - Worries

Start from the beginning

"And I say that, I noticed it is midnight now..." Gray mentioned while we all looked towards the grandfather clock in the room.

"What's gonna happen?!" says Natsu.

"Everyone in the guilds who have gathered together for the Grand Magic Games...Good morning!" a voice spoke.

"Outside?!" Erza said. 

I ran over to the balcony where everyone else had followed me behind. I looked up to see a huge hologram of a pumpkin midget man? Looked creepy but he held a huge grin. It was weird maybe he was a mascot for the games? I wasn't entirely sure but there was something off. 

"What the hell is that?! It's huge!" Natsu shouted. 

"A three-dimensional image!" Lucy said.

"A pumpkin!" says Happy.

"Beginning now, we're going to take the 113 participating teams and have an elimination round to pare them down to eight!" the pumpkin announced.

"Elimination round?!" Gray looked uncertain of what was happening.

"I knew it. I had a bad feeling about this and I was right." I quietly whispered, making everyone to turn to me.

"We didn't hear about this!" Erza shouted.

"Every year, the number of participating guilds increases and it was pointed out that the events were getting stale. This year, there will be only eight teams competing in the official games." the pumpkin said as he did a little dance. I felt annoyed of him already, but it made sense that the games would sooner or later countdown to the top teams. Sounds interesting.

"The elimination rules are simple!" he pointed out.

All of sudden I felt the ground shake. No wait. More like the inn was moving by itself! I hung onto the railing that was sitting on top of the balcony trying to hold my balance. Along with everyone they tried to keep their balance to stand steadily and not fall off. Except for Natsu who was already on the ground covering his mouth with both of his hands trying to not vomit. There goes his motion sickness.

"What the...?!" Gray screeched.

"The inn is moving by itself!" I exclaimed while clinging onto the railing , making my grip tighter for support.  

"The inn is transforming!" Erza said.

"Everyone! Look ahead!" I yelled while pointing towards the city.

"It's the same with the other inns!" Gray ended for me.

The pumpkin man told us the rest of the rules that are implied during this elimination round. Basically every guild has to race each other and that the goal is to reach the Games arena called the Domus Flau. At the end, there can be only the top eight teams to enter the games later for today and can go on. 

During this round everyone is free to use any type of magic, practically you can use anything to pass through this round and get to the finish. One rule stood out stood out to me. All five members must arrive together at the finish line or else it won't count. That got me worried since Wendy wasn't present. The last rule the he announced was that they won't take any responsibility for any lives or the injured in the labyrinth. More like the Sky Labyrinth. Soon the race began.

"Wendy isn't back yet." Erza said as she looked at her three teammates.

"Oh, that's right!" A shocked Lucy said.

"Wendy!" Natsu cried.

"Then what are we gonna do?!" Gray asked while staring at everyone.It was quiet for a few minutes until we heard Lucy said something that completely caught me off guard.