Torture and Truth

Beware torture in this chapter. Hehehe buckle up.

"Your outfit got fixed up?" Ojiro asked while the guys were all changing for the practical exam. Shoto knew they were walking out to fight pros. Nobody else knew, they thought it was battle robots, like at the sports festival and the entrance exam Shoto had not taken part in. They were all in the dark, and Shoto didn't dare warn them and risk getting into trouble.

Shoto nodded. "It's much thicker now, so it won't be easy to tear."

"What do you have again?" Sero asked.

"Xeroderma pigmentosum," Shoto lied. "Just call it XP, its fine." He felt nothing when lying about this. Of course Izuku said not a thing over it, whether it was true or not. After getting everything on, Shoto put the sunscreen over his face and then put the bottle in one of the pockets. It looked like the earbuds he'd left inside were gone. Crap. He didn't even get them back. What a waste.

"What do the burns look like?"

"Like red sores. It's been a long time since I really saw any that bad." He couldn't just say his skin burnt and charred black. That wasn't how his fake condition worked.

"Why didn't you choose a helmet or mask, then?" Kaminari wondered. Shoto wasn't liking this, so he just shrugged and shut down. They all knew him enough to know he was quiet and didn't talk a lot, so the others dropped it. Bakugo and Kirishima were being more open and holding hands, and Shoto finally got to see how they actually acted around one another.

It looked like seeing Izuku and Shoto was their test on how the cass would react. They passed the test and were rewarded with tsundere Bakugo and loving Kirishima. Nobody seemed bothered about the two couples, the only couples in the class, besides Mineta and formerly Uraraka. Shoto ddnt know what she really thought or if she truly was homophobic. Because if she was, there was only one ally for her, it seemed.

They met up with the girls, the routine of his walking buddy being Momo continued. "Robots, robots! It'll be easy!" Ashido cheered. Shoto couldn't correct them. And nobody was asking, or about the blood smelling incident. It would be easier if they knew, but also so much harder. Everything would change. Besides Izuku, he already knew more than he should. More than what Shoto ever wanted anyone to know.

When they all arrived, they were faced with the hero teachers, all suited up. "Robots... what are you doing here?" Kaminari asked.

"Looks like you didn't say anything. Good," Aizawa said to Shoto. Everyone's eyes snapped at him accusingly. "I told him not to, it's not his fault. But you won't be battling robots. It would be useless, you most likely won't be fighting robots in the real world. But real, living villains. For your test today, we are those villains."

The class were very worried, even scared. "There will be teams of two, and you'll each be against one of us."

When they started sorting, Shoto wasn't unhappy with his partner. Momo was easy to talk to and smart. But everyone knew the worst pair up was Bakugo and Izuku. They weren't happy about this, and their situation got even worse when it was All Might they were against. Shoto was secretly relieved that he wasn't up against him, but then felt mixed when he learned that his opponent - and Momo's - was Aizawa. If they teamed up everyone based on differences, weaknesses, what was theirs? They were both recommended, they were both in the top spaces of the class in intellect.

Both were high ranking in the quirk test on the first day. Shoto had no idea what the thinking was. But they didn't ask, nobody asked. "You knew?!" Mineta snapped.

"Yeah, but I was told not to say," Shoto replied honestly.

The tests were on campus, but a bit far away, so they'd be taking busses to their areas, which were in different places, so they took different busses. He and Momo were heading to a residential place, not one with tall buildings or industrial areas. They traveled with Aizawa, and were let out at different areas.