Internship

In the morning, Shoto called a cab back to their foster home, took a shower, got dressed and headed to school in a fantastic mood. It was clear it shocked everyone to see him smile how he was. When he sat down in his seat, Midoriya walked over with another box, this time smaller. Hopefully it was good this time and he didn't turn it down like an asshole.

Though he'd rather come off as a bit rude than throw up food that was made for him to enjoy. "What's got you so happy?" he asked, sounding happy.

"We got my mom out of the place that's been holding her hostage for seven years," he said simply, and did not elaborate. Midoriya didn't ask, and just gave him a pat on the head, that made the ice user freeze. Why did he just... get physical affection from someone other than his family?

"Oh, and I brought a new one for you to try," he said. Shoto opened it, and immediate it smelled great.

"You sure it's the right ingredients?" He took out his phone and showed a photo he'd taken of the O negative blood bag. And put his own hand in the shot so it was obvious the photo was taken from him. "You didn't need to add the hand, I would have believed you." Others were watching in slight confusion at the interaction.

When he bit into the cupcake he found there was chocolate frosting in the middle. He clearly loved it based on his face. "Hey, Midorya, got one for the rest of us?" Mineta demanded. Uraraka looked slightly panicked.

"No, this one is just for Todoroki-kun," he said easily while Shoto devoured the blood cupcake. God, it was fantastic. He couldn't help but tell him he'd never tasted anything better. His brows raised at this, and Shoto went to licking the frosting off of his fingers. He had to learn that recipe! Then he'd make it for himself over and over. And it was clear he didn't use the wrong blood type, as Shoto felt elated and not ill in the slightest.

"Damn, all for a cupcake. I want one, too!" Kaminari yelled thrusting his hand up. Of course none of them could have a blood cupcake. They'd get sick if they even made it past the first bite.

"Well... I'm not that good of a cook." They stared him down, and pointed to Shoto. "Okay, but that was a lot of trial and error." And that made sense, but Shoto had no idea how he could tell it would taste good if he... he didn't eat or prefer the taste of blood. "Besides... Todoroki is allergic to some of the ingredients in the boxed version. So I mixed it up and all, and it turned out okay."

"What's he allergic to?"

"Baking soda." Then Aizawa came in and everyone sat down. He was completely healthy. What a fast recovery!

"You're okay!" Tsuyu said happily.

"The old lady went overboard, but I'm better now, yes," the teacher said in his flat voice. "Never mind that, today you'll be choosing your hero names. They'll stick with you the rest of your career. Of course you could change it, but its best to try and get your lasting one first. Midnight will be helping you choose names.

"You'll be using them for your internships in other agencies. Not all of you got any requests, but you'll all be going somewhere, even if you weren't personally recruited." On the board, was a chart of who had the most scouts and offers. Bakugo was first, Shoto was second, Tokoyami third and then the number drastically reduced for the rest of the class.

Mineta demanded, "How can the one that purposely forfeited get number two!"

"He's talented while you're not," Jiro said flippantly. Shoto felt a bit awkward, but he was pleased with how well he'd done. And he knew it had nothing to do with Endeavor. Everyone had dropped affiliation like the plague: bad press. If anything, knowing whose kid he was would have gotten him less offers.