So Unnecessary

It was the next day that the class was informed about the summer camp. He laid his head on the desk, not wanting to hear about everything his classmates were excited about that had crossed through his mind that moment he thought he could actually go. Even if Aizawa insisted those things wouldn't happen, it was still a bonding experience Shoto would miss.

And maybe being surrounded by tons of sweaty bodies, nine of them being O negative, wouldn't have been pleasant. But still, he could have just slept somewhere else or something. Maybe it was because he was a hassle. They would have needed to bring blood for him, too. A lot more than just two a day in the staff room.

They just didn't have the time or patience for him. It was fine. He was a burden to pretty much everyone. He always had been. And when he finally felt he was some place that wanted him there, and he wasn't any trouble, he was being excluded from the summer camp. It wasn't like he could claim they were being racist or something. Maybe discriminatory?

But he wasn't going to pick a fight with them. He wasn't going to plead his case because he didn't want to be annoying. It was a miracle he was let in in the first place. He was just lost in his sadness and doubt. He vaguely heard that they'd only go if they didn't bomb their finals. And even if Shoto didn't matter in that way, he wasn't going to slack on them.

He'd study and all, but would not have anything to look forward to by passing. There were three weeks until the camp. One of those weeks was finals week, and one after was the start of training camp. Shoto wanted it to just pass already, but there was still awhile to wait.

For lunch, he picked at his food. "Why aren't you eating?" Midoriya asked, seeming concerned. "You don't seem happy at all about the camp..."

Shoto brought a fork to his mouth, but didn't know what to say. He did the bare minimum and shrugged his shoulders, not making eye contact. He just wasn't hungry or thirsty. He felt sour, and not even Midoriya's scent got past that. Maybe the secret to not being uncomfortable around him was to just be a boring, upset person all the time.

But that wasn't worth it.

"Well, even if you're not happy, we should all go shopping together," Uraraka said brightly to everyone at the table but for him. He hurried and ate the rest of his food before leaving to go get some blood. He heard Midoriya follow, and didn't really mind it. It made it seem he was concerned. And not because of anything having to do with his being a vampire.

When he entered, he saw some of the hero course teachers already there. He averted his gaze, knowing it was these peoples' faults he was missing out. There would never be another first year summer camp for him to be in. Shoto didn't even bother warming up the blood before he chugged the bottle.

He washed out his mouth in the sink, poured some mints into his mouth and was out the door before his smelly friend found him. "What's really the matter? What made you so sad?" he asked, voice firm, wanting an answer. Shoto wondered what All Might thought of the decision, but didn't really want to know.

Shoto didn't want to piss off Midoriya or irritate him. "I'm not being included in the summer camp. I can't go with you guys. They don't trust me because... you know," Shoto said weakly. "It sounds fun... even if it could be uncomfortable. They don't trust me, after all..."

Midoriya hugged him, and Shoto's eyes widened, pupils dilated. He shoved him away roughly, looking down, jaw clenched. He didn't want the muzzle to come, even if it was only the two of them. "S-Sorry... just give me warning if you do that again," Shoto said quietly, wiping his spitty mouth on his sleeve in humiliation.

But the human didn't run. "I'm sorry. I just made you feel even worse," he said in shame and anger at himself.

"That's was fucking rude," Uraraka said suddenly from around the corner. "All he did was hug you."