A Near Miss

Shoto moved schools right in the middle of the year, not returning to that awful teacher, who had already been reported and apparently fired. Shoto wasn't excited about that or thought it was good revenge. He didn't even really think he was happy about the case against Endeavor for revenge. He just wanted for him to have real consequences for his actions. He didn't think he should be a hero anymore, but Shoto wasn't going to lie and say the guy didn't do good sometimes. Just not when it came to people, and especially his "family".

Shoto was in the second floor of the three story school. The first floor was all the classes, the second and third floor were offices and bedrooms. Everyone got their own room, though they shared communal bathrooms. Shoto wasn't that bugged about it. He moved in to his little room, glad it wasn't bad, and got ready to start the tour.

The man who escorted him in, who said goodbye to All Might with him, showed him around. It was very big, bigger on the inside than what he'd seen on the outside. He already had a bunch of blood in the little fridge in his room, so that was good. He didn't need to carry any of it around, since he could just return to his room and drink alone, away from any prying eyes.

His class was not the most full. It was the most empty fourth grade class. There were five classes per grade up from kindergarten through sixth grade. There was no middle or high school here, so they all needed to go somewhere normal eventually. Shoto wondered if he'd be staying here the whole time.

He was introduced to the office area and where his counselor's place was, who he'd see often. She had raving reviews, so hopefully he could grow to trust her. Once the tour was done, it was lunch time, and Shoto took this opportunity to head to class, and meet his teacher. He was prepared for the worst, honesty. Better to expect the worst and not be disappointed than get your hopes up and be devastated when they don't pan out.

She had feathers that came off of her arms, and some that came off her back, but no wings. She had shorter sleeves and a looser shirt to accommodate her quirk. "Todoroki, correct?" she asked brightly. Could be fake. He nodded silently. "I'm Mirai Yua." Shoto thought it was a cool last name, and nodded. "If you ever need to leave, then just go. Many of the students need breaks and can go off. You'll have fifteen minutes at most before coming back to class or to check in."

When Shoto looked confused, she smiled. "This isn't just a school, it's to help rehabilitate vulnerable children. We do what we can to help. Our class also has the least amount of students with O negative. There's only two girls with it, and they sit far from your desk. I'll keep the window open next to your new seat." She gestured to the table in the back. "Someone already sits so you'll share the table. But he's an O positive, which we've been told is the opposite of what O negative does."

He said a polite, "Thank you for your consideration." She smiled and nodded. He wasn't hungry, so he waited at the table and doodled on his notebook. He had new school supplies, which was nice, even if it wasn't like a new year had started. When the bell rang, students filtered in. He couldn't see anything openly wrong with them, but he wasn't going to judge based on that. He'd do his best not to judge at all.

It was a class like he hadn't seen before. Multiple kids would leave just randomly, and nobody seemed to notice. But they usually came back within five minutes. He could tell when it wasn't a bathroom pass if they didn't take the little plank of wood with them. That must have so many germs on it.

He stayed in, and did notice the two girls with his preferred blood type. They did smell different, but he had his collar on, the window was open, and neither were bleeding. He'd be fine. And the teachers knew about his issues. Looking out the window, glad to not be affected by the temperature like he used to, he wondered how his siblings were doing in their new home, and what Endeavor was doing at their old.