Pt.16

In the months to come, as time passed and Mina had found herself no longer in Chaeyoung's company, she wasn't quite sure how to go about her day.

Should she mope because she wasn't getting the younger woman's attention or should she act as if it didn't matter at all?

That none of it mattered at all?

She was once again in the comfort of her home, laying in her dark room staring into the abyss of darkness all around her.

Her mind seemed blank, no color to envision or a face to think of. She felt empty and alone.

But that was the price of choosing the option she did.

She knew she sounded silly, asking Chaeyoung to go about it all as if the affair wasn't a crime in itself.

As if her integrity wasn't at risk at being shattered into a thousand pieces.

Did she care anymore what her parents thought?
She would always be miserable either way. So why not just give in to them?

But all the silence and the sadness was consuming her and she felt like drowning once more, so her only thought was to escape before she found herself doing things she didn't want to do.

The sounds of music invaded her ears as she walked down the street, all different melodies belonging to songs that weren't the familiar sound she had grown familiar with.

She couldn't be too disappointed when she had caused Chaeyoung's absence in the first place.

It shouldn't have mattered when she had everything she could possibly need.

But sometimes the absence of something is more important than it's presence.

And as before, but without any reason to be, she found herself once again at the doors of Chaeyoung's studio.

She looked up, seeing the sign once again. Creative Mind.

It was ironic because there wasn't a thing on earth that she could create to use as a way to convince Chaeyoung to stay hers and be hers.

She was utterly fucked and she hated that she couldn't do anything about it.

She opened the door, the instant rush of perfume invaded her nose, seeping into her mind as she soaked it all in.

No, this wasn't Chaeyoung's scent, for she didn't wear perfume, arguing that such a thing ruined the environment.

How thoughtful of her.

She couldn't make sense of her actions as she followed the trail of the smell.

It's stench, although sweet, began to suffocate her as she came closer to it's source.

She could only think of why there was such a smell in Chaeyoung's abode. Her safe place.

Who was she holding in the wake of the aroma engulfing them all?

Who was she whispering obscene things shamelessly to, letting heaven be words of affirmation and beautiful lies.

If not her, than who? She could only grow more reckless to the idea as she neared.

Soon the sound of percussion began to pound her ears. Giggles masked the sound of drums, of thunder of deceit.

But who was betraying who?

Soon, as Mina approached, their was the sound of familiarity, and when she peaked around the corner her lips parted in surprise.

Hands that touched softly but with purpose, laid to rest around the nape of Chaeyoung's neck, the other on her chest.