Pt.8

What makes a sound in the silence, but is as quiet as the air around?

Sometimes it knocks gently on windows and kisses the rosy cheeks of passers in its presence.

Sometimes it dances and it sings. But it is still as quiet as silence it self.

A breeze, we call it. It is, gentle, it is patient, it coats us in a coldness that lets us know it is near.

For Mina, she felt the breeze snuggle gently beside her body. She let out a shiver and brought the sheet above her upper arm.

Silence. Quietness that overlooked Mina as she slept. She was rarely met with such a privilege.

To be the guest in a home that sheltered her from all the noise of the outside world.

The realization was slowly seeping in for the Japanese woman as she began to stir in her wake. Was there truly nothing that she was hearing?

Slowly fluttering her eyes open, Mina stared blankly at an object across the room.

The art easel stared at her back, as if to ask silently what she was looking at.

Her portrait sketch hung on the easel, waiting patiently to be looked upon. But Mina just laid in the bed, not a word from her lips.

Things were too quiet, too silent. She liked it but at the same time she was waiting for Sana's cheerful greeting through the intercom.

But that never came. Never came because this was not her bed, not her room, not the same silence she had in her own home.

Sprawling her body over the bed, she allowed herself to get comfortable and to think mindlessly about what had occurred last night.

The way she thought Chaeyoung would give in to her temptation.

But it dawned on her that before they could kiss, Chaeyoung had grown flustered and pulled back.

They continued the sketch session and before Mina knew it, she was practically asleep on the sofa.

But how'd she get to the bed and where had Chaeyoung slept? Mina thought for a moment, feeling the area beside her.

No, there was no warmth to indicate a body had slept there besides hers.

She was suddenly snapped out of her thoughts when she heard the door unlock and a familiar tune invaded her ears.

    "No Dahyun, I didn't try and steal a cart full of strawberries this time. I'm a good person with morals, so I paid for one bag and took the second." Chaeyoung said.

There was a brief pause before Mina heard the woman once more.

"You think I'm joking? Anyways, I'm at home now. I've brought food for my guest so I'll talk to you later. Bye." The young Korean woman said before hanging up.

As she raised her head she saw Mina sitting up in her bed.

The woman seemed to awake, her eyes springing with life as she looked back at Chaeyoung.

There was a mere silence between the two as they just stared, with Mina wrapped with the covers around her and with Chaeyoung holding a bag of warm breakfast.

She had never come home to a woman like this before, baring food and a hope that the woman would stay.

She was going to stay right? Chaeyoung had never indulged in a one night stand, and to think that she almost had.

But no, the two hadn't reached that point. They were caught in the red light, but they did choose to stop themselves.

When Mina had fallen asleep, Chaeyoung simply carried her to her bed and set her upon it.