Pt.6

-Present-

    "Odd, I could've sworn I was a part of this story." BamBam said, sitting up. The comment had made Mina chuckle a little.

Yes, how could she forget the part where she met the man she loathed? Was it the same though?

He had stopped abusing her when she had given birth to their daughter and yet it wasn't a clear reason to simply forgive him.

He was still the reason she was partly depressed and so she never thought too highly of him or his new found character.

"Of course you're a part of the story. If you weren't then we wouldn't have had." Mina grew silent as she looked down at their sleeping daughter. The little girl she had conceived out of anger and impulsion.

"Go on Mina, tell me more." BamBam said softly, resting his head back on his wife's lap. The Japanese woman let out a sigh and nodded.

-Back to the past-

     Waking up with steady breaths, Myoui Mina fluttered her eyes open slowly. She felt the cool air of her room hit her rosy cheeks, her hands slowly clasping the silk sheets of her duvet.

She was surprised to realize that she had slept so well. It wasn't that she slept recklessly but the silence was louder in the dark for her, causing her to dream with her eyes wide open.

She thought she could hear screams but it was just her consciousness, falling into a state that made her feel mad.

She sat up slowly, rubbing the nape of her neck. The way she felt relieved but also clueless as to what to do now.

Why had she slept on a cloud? Was it that she went to bed with the thought of someone that made her fall into a blissful sleep?

Couldn't be. She never thought of anyone for any reason. At least she didn't think so, for she never dreamed as much.

Yes, Myoui Mina rarely dreamed. Dreaming is a form of storytelling, of what could possibly be. And she didn't want to be hopeful of what could possibly happen in the reality of things, of her life when she woke up.

*Buzz*

Over intercom: "Good morning sleepy head. I'm here to wake you with kisses and hugs."

She heard Sana sing over the intercom. Mina groaned and pressed the button.

Mina: "Please don't. I've told you many times Sana that I'm not-."

Sana: "Okay fruit cake! Coming in!" Sana squealed.

Mina sighed and unlocked her door, allowing a cheerful Minatozaki Sana in.

"Time to get up, cutie. Today is a big day as scheduled in your planner. Your parents are requesting your time at Wang Thai. I told them that I would see to it that you would be up and ready for the occasion. I also have to clean your apartment." Sana said as she looked around the room that did not in fact need cleaning.

"When did you become my secretary? You've made quite an impression on my parents even as a commoner. How delightful." Mina said, slightly annoyed that she was being forced to appear before her parents.

She didn't want to be their audience for all they did was pester her about her future and their expectations. She was simply over it.

"Commoner or not, I've become someone they can trust to hold you accountable. Ever since you.." Sana's voice trailed off.

Mina looked at her before slipping out of the bed. Before she what? Before she almost became her parent's disappointment?

What had occurred two years prior had become a leverage for her parents to use on their daughter and it only made Mina grow to detest them more.