Pt.2

"Sit up straight. You can't play the piano very well if you're slouched all the time." A woman said as she paced the porcelain marble floor.

The young girl who sat on the leather wooden chair did as told, straightening her back and looking towards the keys with her chin held high.

A respectable young lady, she was to be. One who had to let herself be perceived as elegant and refined, everything her father would only allow her to be.

Don't play with that, Myoui Mina. Don't say that, Myoui Mina. Don't slouch, don't chew your food so loud, don't be coarse and unrefined.

Don't bring...dishonor to your family name, Myoui Mina.

You are the next generation that must be successful with all that you do whether it's by career or with whom you marry.

Set your heart aside and let your mind control the power you hold. It is important to be what others have destined for you to be.

But with that, you are no longer allowing yourself to be human. Can you do that much, Myoui Mina?

"You're playing a G-flat, I said a C-sharp. Pay attention Myoui." The young girl's piano instructor said.

The young girl let out a quiet sigh, sitting up and doing as told. Her fingers danced around the keys, playing what was instructed to her.

Like a routine she was playing the same keys, the same notes.

She could be learning Claire de Lune by Claude Debussy but her meticulous piano instructor was grilling her about the notes, the notes she knew all too well and had subconsciously mastered.

So why was she being held back? How could she be great if she wasn't being taught new material?

And what would Myoui Mina be if not great? According to society and the pressure of others, she would be no one.

Nothing. And a member of the family cannot be such.

"We'll go over the composers of the eighteenth through the twentieth century. Starting with Mozart. Tell me what year he was born and what pieces he composed." Her instructor said, standing tall with a blank expression on her face.

Mina thought for a moment, her mind was pulling information like a file.

When she had gotten what she needed she simply cleared her throat and tapped her chin.

"Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart born in the year, seventeen fifty six in Salzburg, Austria. He composed compositions such as the Flute Concerto No. 2, Loca Dr Cairo, Fantasia No. 3 and many more before he died in seventeen ninety one." Mina said.

She played an A-flat and looked at her teacher. The woman nodded and thought of another composer. So her pupil had been studying, she was mildly impressed.

"Chopin." She simply said and waved at Mina with a swift hand.

Mina once again thought about the composer and what she had read about him. She had no time to dwell, thinking quickly about some facts.

"Frédéric François Chopin, born in the year eighteen ten in Poland." Mina grew silent as she realized she hadn't said the name of the composer's birth place.

She licked her lips and looked at her teacher nervously. Surely she would cut her some slack. And that she did, simply telling Mina to continue.

"Some of his notable works are Études, Minute Waltz, Piano Concerto No.1 and many more that were composed while in his time in Paris, France where he later died." Mina said.