Pt.17

*Over three weeks later*

As the new arrival of a wedding date appeared, the day had been met with dread.

Mina couldn't help but think how she regretted every event that led to this moment.

Every event but meeting Chaeyoung.

But it was too late to turn back time and wish that she had herself, had fought for Chaeyoung to love her.

It wasn't romantic but it was worth the thousands of times that she thought about losing herself to the endless noise and her deafening thoughts.

It wasn't romantic, but it was real.

It wasn't romantic, but she would rather be in the woman's company, loved with uncertainty, than to be in the embrace of another. Another she didn't love and would never love.

*knocking*

The Japanese woman stood silently in front of her mirror, still unsure what to come of everything.

Today is her wedding day, and the gown she wore was as white as pearls. The silver diamond necklace around her neck sparkled like the sea.

Her hair was neatly placed in a bun, holding her silk hair and what was left of her integrity.

She couldn't fathom saying I do to the man she would never love. Could that be stated enough?

"Mina-chan....are you ready?" She heard the familiar voice of her dearest friend on the other side of the door.

Ready? When would she ever be ready? But the answer had to be made.

"Yeah." She said, her voice shallow and expressionless.

She heard a sigh and the door opening behind her.

"Oh...you look so beautiful." Sana said with a softened tone.

She was saying these words, not as her employee for she had stopped working for the Myoui's- but as a true friend who stayed by her side.

She could read the regret on Mina's face, making her frown.

She knew whom the woman longed for, but as the months passed, the answer had been clear on what they were and would never become.

And it was all foreseen because...this story doesn't have a happy ending.

It is not a fairytale, there was never Once upon a time, because those stories end with a Happily ever after.

No, this story is for those to grieve, of the love that never will or would ever be.

And Mina knew that with every second, her fate had become sealed.

"Thank you." She said softly, lowering her head.

She could feel her eyes stinging, knowing that there were tears present.

But she didn't want to cry. She didn't want to weep and gain pity for her state.

She just wanted to be happy and to have everything she had ever wanted.

Wasn't she a kind person? Wasn't she beautiful and elegant?

Wasn't she willing to love beyond that what may be measured? Wasn't that enough?

Why couldn't it be enough to give her the chance to have everything she's ever wanted?

Because, again, this story does not have a happy ending.

"Mina, Mina look at me." Sana said, reaching forward.