Pt.15

"You think she's giving you mixed signals?" Another student asked as she smacked on her gum and ran her comb over her temple.

Chaeyoung sighed, running her brush over the blank canvas. She wasn't quite sure what Mina was giving her if anything, she was just giving uncertainty.

Chaeyoung thought about what Mina had asked her the day before and grew silent.

"Where do you see yourself Chaeyoung in the future? Do you ever think about it and wonder? Do you ever want to see yourself three years from now?"

Chaeyoung couldn't fathom the idea of a future without Mina. But what was the like ability that she would end up with the woman she wanted?

Nothing is ever fair and nothing is ever certain. So where would she be if not with Mina?

"Nayeon eonnie, are you certain about Jeongyeon eonnie?" Chaeyoung asked as she held her brush, thinking about what stroke to do next.

Nayeon stopped smacking her gum, growing silent as she pondered on the thought. Certain?

Was she certain about her immense love for the woman she had been in love with since they were children.

Yes, she was certain. Because why would her heart beat any other way or her mind be consumed by her very being, if she wasn't certain?

"Of course." She said, a chirp in her voice as if it were an irrefutable fact.

Chaeyoung knew she was confident in her answer as her very being was nothing but confident.

She knew what she wanted, and Chaeyoung only dreamed about knowing such a thing.

She had wanted many things as a child, and as she grew older- she wanted someone to love her.

Could Mina be the one? Could she love Mina?

What was their song, the notes intertwined- what melody would come to life?

When she thought of Mina, she wanted to paint the color mint green.

When she thought of Mina, she wanted to paint white flowers and oceans that shimmered like her eyes.

When she thought of Mina...she thought of her future. Was that- if at any point- okay?

"Chaeyoung-ah, who's Mina?" Nayeon asked.

She leaned forward to catch a better peak at the canvas. Chaeyoung snapped out of her thoughts and looked at the written word. Mina.

She parted her lips, but she was unable to say a word. Who's Mina?

"I- no one. I mean-." But she was interrupted by the sound of a grand piano being played on the other side of the wall.

Instantly she turned her head to the sound of the music and dropped her brush.

"I- eonnie I'll be right back. Stay here!" She said quickly and ran out of the room back next door.

*Entering the next room*

            "I knew it was you in here." Chaeyoung said, letting out a chuckle.

Mina stopped her fingers as she looked up for a moment.

That voice, that sweet husky voice that could soothe her at any given time.

As it was doing now as she played the keys recklessly. Her mind seemed to be plagued by the decision in her mind that would soon have to be answered.

She knew she would have to confront Chaeyoung as well to the latest development.

She turned in her seat and gave Chaeyoung a slight smile, trying her best to hide the uneasiness in her eyes.