Pt.14.5

-Present-

"What was it like, to be hated by me?" BamBam asked as he found himself back at his daughter's side.

His finger touched her soft head gently- as tenderly as he could, as if her very being was as fragile as that of fine china.

His pride and joy rested in the woman he called his wife, and yet he knew both he and Mina would never truly be happy with the settlement they have for themselves.

This arrangement, forced by his hand, he couldn't truly be angry at her for not loving him, regardless of the child they had made.

She was the only thing keeping them together, but it was thin as string.

Mina thought for a moment, watching her husband's every movement.

What was it like? Hell. It made her feel like she was more hated than she already was.

How could she be any more worthless than she was being perceived?

She only needed to be at the mercy of her husband if not at the wrath of her parents, to really know.

"I can't express it all in words. I just know that there were days that I couldn't help but feel as inferior as I already felt, and I must thank you for that." Mina said, chuckling a little.

BamBam turned his face, growing red in sheer guilt. But what could be done now?

Moments seemed to pass before BamBam cleared his throat, settling down on his back on the carpet below.

"More Mina. Tell me the rest of the story." He whispered. Mina wasted no time.

-Back in the past-

      Having had covered her neck with makeup, looking at it intently to see if she covered the bruises- Mina frowned.

This was the first time she had ever had to do such a thing.

She never thought she would become a victim of such abuse, but there was no telling what would occur anymore.

If anything, she could only imagine that she would end up with the man for the rest of her life, if not the worse, dead.

*knocking*

"Mina, it's me." She heard, immediately recognizing the voice as BamBam's and sighing.

Had Sana let him in again without informing her? She hated when she did that.

She could only think of the intimidation taking place for Sana to do such a thing, the woman was simply too fragile.

"Yes?" Mina called out.

"I've come by to let you know that I'm going to the company to meet with your father. I'll be discussing the proposal for the wedding. I don't want to hear or find out you're with that woman, Miss Son. Do I stand clear?" He asked through the door.

Mina gulped. That was exactly the plan though wasn't it?

"I wasn't. I will be with Sana actually, going to Gangnam-gu for a shopping frenzy." Mina, lied.

A scoff escaped BamBam's lips as he turned on his heels and walked away, leaving Mina to hold her breath.

She had just lied, and she could only think of the punishment she'd get from the man if he found out about her lying.

She mustn't deceive him. But she didn't want to deceive Chaeyoung either.

She gave her neck one more glance, trying to convince herself that she was fine, that the abuse meant nothing and that Chaeyoung would never notice.