14 days until suicide

"I'm so sorry for leaving so early yesterday, Carly got into an accident. I had no time to explain, but I'm really sorry." Astra said as she picked up the phone.

"It's alright, how is Carly?" Orson asked.

"She's alright, she didn't get hurt. Can't say the same about her car, I'll be the one driving her to work and school for until her car is fixed." Astra shook her head, but she didn't mind. She loved Carly.

"That's too bad." Orson said.

"How are you? And don't lie to me, remember what I told you yesterday." Astra said.

"Well, my leg has been a pain. It hurts to walk, like a lot." Orson admitted.

"I know, it'll take time to heal. I'm sorry that happened to you." Astra said softly. "And I know I mentioned this before and you weren't exactly the happiest about it, but, I can finish the things I had planned for us to do. It might help you. You might have fun."

"Okay."

"Okay? You actually want to?"

"Yeah, what's the worse that could happen? Get into a go kart crash? I don't think so, already went through that." Orson said.

"Don't worry, the next things I have planned aren't going to be hard for you. They'll be quite easy to do actually."

"Most fun things to do here you have to walk and do work. Even run and do all kinds of exercise and moving." Orson said.

"Not what I have planned." Astra said with a smile. "You'll have fun, trust me. Besides, you get out of the hospital in 3 days. You've had a week to heal, and by the time you can leave, you'll be much stronger on that leg of yours. But even if it's stronger, I still wouldn't make you do something that involves a lot of walking or running or moving. I wouldn't do that to you."

"So what do you have planned then?" He asked.

"Nope, I'm not saying anything. They're all a surprise." Astra laughed. "You'll found out the first one in 3 days."

"3 days is too long." Orson complained, but she could tell he didn't actually mind.

"3 days is not too long." Astra said. "Besides, you need to work on getting better and stronger these next 3 days. Once you're out of the hospital, you can't be going out and hurting yourself again."

Orson was quiet.

"What? Is that what you were planning to do when you got out? Hurt yourself again?"

"No. Why would I hurt myself again and just get put right back in the hospital? My leg is killing me, I wouldn't do that ever again." Orson said.

"Okay, you just got quiet and I guess I was overthinking. I'm sorry."

"You're alright, I'm not upset. I can understand your point of view. But, I do have a question for you."

"Uh oh, what is it?"

"Did it at least look cool?" Orson asked.

Astra furrowed her brows. "Did what look cool?"

"Me crashing. Did it look cool like in those movies? It felt like it was in slow motion for me, did it look slow motion? Did I look cool laying on the ground? I probably looked hot. I-"

"Okay first off, shut up my dude!" Astra said and Orson laughed. "And second, just because it feels slow motion for someone, doesn't mean it looks slow motion for everyone else. That doesn't happen in real life. If you crash a car, it's because it's fast. Not slow. Third, I didn't see anything. My seatbelt was stuck and wouldn't get off so I didn't see anything. A woman pushed me out of the room before I could anyway."

"So you didn't see anything?"

"I saw the ambulance and police cars. I saw the police officers and paramedics. I even saw them rushing you to the ambulance in a gurney." Astra swallowed as she remembered seeing all the blood.

"Did it look cool?" Just by the sound of his voice, she knew he was smiling.

He was messing with her.

"No, it didn't look cool at all. You were unconscious, what's so cool about that? There was so much blood. You were losing so much blood." Astra's voice came out in a squeak at the last part, and her heart dropped as she thought of Harley.

There was so much blood. All over her and the floor.

"Are you okay?" Orson asked her.

"I have to go." Astra hung up.