twenty-one

Hermione apparated the three in front of a moving bus in London. They moved out of the way in the knick of time, leaning up against a railing as they held each other's hands tightly.

They followed Hermione through the crowd, all in a state of panic and worry.

"Where are we?" Ron worriedly asked as Zoya took his hand, dragging him along with the other two.

"Shaftesbury Avenue." Hermione answered, "I used to come here to the theater with mum and dad. I don't know why I thought of it. Just popped into my head."

They walked through the crowds of people before she lead them into an empty alley. Hermione opened her bag and handed Zoya hers, "We need to change."

"Thanks for grabbing my stuff." Zoya mumbled, "Hermione and I packed in case this would happen."

They changed into regular clothes and made their way to the nearest cafe, that happened to be empty. They sat down and everyone ordered a cappuccino, the waitress definitely did not look like she wanted to be there.

Zoya eyed the pastries at the front, feeling her stomach grumble lightly. She stood up, "I'm going to use the loo."

She walked to the back of the cafe, finding the women's restroom. She walked to the sink, splashing her face with cool water.

She heard the door open, and she saw Grayson Hemlock through the mirror.

"The men's restroom is across the hallway." Zoya said as she slowly reached for her wand that was in her pocket, watching him through the mirror.

She heard loud ruckus from outside and she concluded that they were followed. She dodged quickly as soon as Grayson sent a blast towards her.

"I've fought wankers like you in bathrooms before! Would you like to know what I did to Malfoy?!" Zoya said as she flattened herself up against a stall door.

"Try me!"

She scoffed and gripped her wand, walking out of her hiding spot, "Sectumsempra!"

Grayson narrowly hit the curse by disapparating away. Zoya scoffed, "Bloody coward."

"Zoya!"

The three rushed into the bathroom, finding the mirror broken and Zoya panting, "Grayson Hemlock thought he could take me. You believe that?"

"We fought Rowle and Dolohov out there. Hermione used Obliviate. Shouldn't be an issue anymore." Ron said to her.

"We need to go." Hermione said.

The four walked out of the bathroom and Zoya snatched a few pastries on her way out and wrapped them up using magic before stuffing them in her bag. The two left the café and walked around the town, "How is they knew we were here?" Harry questioned.

"Maybe you still have the trace on you?" Hermione pondered.

"Can't be. Trace breaks at 17. It's Wizarding Law." Ron replied.

Hermione gasped and stopped walking. They all turned to her, "What is it?" Zoya asked.

Hermione slowly began to walk with them again, "We didn't celebrate your birthday, Harry." She sadly said, "Ginny and I– we prepared a cake. We were going to bring it out at the end of the wedding."

"Look, Hermione, honestly, I appreciate the thought. But, really, given the fact that we were almost killed by a couple of Death Eaters a few minutes ago..." Harry stopped talking as someone ran past them.

Hermione sighed, "Right. Perspective."

Zoya pulled out a pastry from her bag, "Happy Birthday, Harry."

He smiled lightly and took it, "Thanks."

"We need to get off the streets, get somewhere safe."