Competition

Y/n Pov

The whole university was talking about me and Jennie today, Kai her Ex told everyone she got hooked with Hanbin and won't attend university today. The whole was was already dark for me, but Jennie was a slight of hope which gave me the strength to catch an umbrella and walk under the dark world. Now my strength was raining and throwing lighting on me. 

"So students we'll be having a ball dance competition again this year," Mr. Kang said and the whole class cheered, This was a competition where students have to pair up with someone and perform a couple which is also called the ball dance. The winning couple gets trophies and other things. Last year I and Jennie had participated but Jennie didn't show up. 

"But this year there's a twist," Mr. Kang said as the class sat quiet, "You'll be choosing the partner on the spot, so you won't have a chance to practice. Only the best chemistry may win," he said. 

I didn't will to participate, but then it was ball dance after all. One of my favorite dance styles. I knew I couldn't focus on the lecture because my mind would keep me reminding of Jennie, so I decided to listen to some music. 

---------------

Lisa Pov

"I don't think any boy will ask me,"
I said and pouted, Jisoo unnie and Irene unnie nodded with me, Well yea, that was true, all the handsome boys of the university were taken so they would probably dance with their girls and we were going to dance with random guys why??

"I have no idea...because I'm new here," Rosé said in a sad voice, "Rosé you are too pretty I bet someone will ask you" Tzuyu cheered her. "3 days huh?" Jisoo unnie asked and we all nodded. "After the dance, there is singing for boys the day after and then for girls," Irene unnie said, and Rosé's mood-lit up. "I'm going to participate" She smiled "We know you'll win with that golden voice of yours," I said. 

"Girls how about shopping for the dance competition?" Jisoo unnie suggested and we all nodded. After the university was over, went to the nearest mall possible to select our outfits for the ball. 

-------------------------------

At the mall, "Guys isn't that Jennie?" Irene unnie pointed, "Wait- what is she doing with Taehyung?" Jisoo unnie said recognizing the man with her.  "unnie you're acting like you don't know anything about him?" Rosé asked. "Actually I don't Taehyung lives with my Cousin Jin so he's basically never home," she said, well we didn't know about that. We always thought Taehyung Oppa would be living with Jisoo Unnie's family because they were real siblings. 

"Guys I found my dress" Tzuyu shouted as she entered the shop, her eyes caught the light pink dress which was just her style. I and the girls made different groups for selecting clothes, Jisoo unnie and Tzuyu were together, Irene unnie wanted to go alone and I was with rosé my bestie. 

"Let's go over there" I pointed at one side of a shop and rosé nodded. We both walked to that section and started selecting our dresses, "Rosie try this for ya" "Norr, I don't want black Lili" "But you can try that tho if you don't like it don't take it...at least try" "Lisa why don't you try that, it would be a good fit for you" 

-----------------------

Y/n Pov 
Next Morning

My clothes were selected for the ball, Again this time I was wondering if Jennie would love being my partner. Still, I was kinda mad at her because she yesterday easily hooked with that Hanbin guy. But wait- why didn't she call me yet?? It's already been 2 days since she missed university.

I pulled my phone out to call her, but then I saw a text from an unknown number. I opened it and read what the person had typed. At first, I didn't believe it but then I saw the video proof. I  had no words left, still, my broken soul pushed me to go to the university.