Chapter 15 - Determination and Teams

Start from the beginning

"Hey! You're gonna leave your friends here? You suck!" I asked slightly smirking.

"What do you expect from a Dark Guild?" Rogue said.

"You blew things up really good again, Sting-kun?" a voice peered, followed by a little squeal.

I looked to see where the voice was coming from. "Lector and Frosch, where were you guys?" I asked smiling. Lector was walking closer towards the cliff that Rogue and I were still standing from.

"Oh, just doing a little reconnoitering... Y'know, the Fire Dragon, Iron Dragon, heck, even the Sky Dragon don't stand a chance. You've got it goin' on, oh yeah!" Lector said waving his index finger in the air with his cocky attitude.

"Fro thinks so, too!" the cat with a pink frog-like suit said.

"I know right!" I smirked and leaped in front of Lector to give ourselves a highfive.

"Sting-kun, you're the strongest Dragon Slayer, oh yeah!" he stated.

"The way I am now, I'm positive I could beat Natsu-san."

"Well, yeah, of course!" Lector agreed as the four of us walked back.

"What do you say we challenge them, Rogue?" I asked gazing at him.

"Not interested." he spoke. His usual answer but I knew that he was lying. He just wanted to act all cool and hide the excitement. I gave a smirk.

"Fro neither." his little partner agreed.

"Oi, Sting-kun.." Lector looked up to me was we were still walking.

"What is it Lector?"

"You remember the promise?"

"Of course. I always have and will." I smirked.

"That's Sting-kun for you!" he smirked back at me.

"Fro thinks so, too!"

"I believe in you Sting-kun, Rogue-kun..." Lector said as he looked down on the ground.

"It's a promise." Rogue said.

"That we will find Cynthia after we win the games!" I finished his sentence.

"That's right! Because... I really miss her a lot... Sting-kun" Lector mumbled.

I stopped on my tracks and kneeled down to face Lector. I placed my right hand on top of his head and pat him while I stared at him for reassurance.

"I miss her too... All of us do, but for now we have to do is win. Which is my promise to you Lector and for your sake. I will find her! It's one of my main priorities and I am determined to do so!" I smiled at him. He had a few tears in his eyes and smiled with a nod.

"Fro misses Cynthia too..." Frosch sadly said with tiny tears coming out of her eyes. I turned to her and patted her head as well.

"We will find her... Frosch." Rogue spoke to look down at her partner.

"Fro thinks so, to!" She beamed.

"That's the spirit!" I smirked.

We started to head back again to meet up with the guild. Cynthia... just you wait. I will find you and we can be together again like old times. I will win for Lector, for you. That is our promise... isn't that right Cynthia? No matter how far we were, no matter where we go. We will always find a way to each other and we will be with each other in our heart. I made an inaudible sigh in my thoughts, remembering how you physically and verbally told me our promise to be kept. I really miss you Cynthia. Where could have you been all these three years?