Chapter Thirty Nine: The Dream

Start from the beginning

In the years since the soulmate bonds shifted, many advances had been made in both culture and science to adjust for it. Marriages like ours, with three people, had become legal within a year of the Idol dating show ending, and scientists from all over the world had worked tirelessly to make sure that any offspring from said marriages would include DNA from all three parents. It was weird that so much had happened so fast, but I was so thankful that I got to be married to both of the loves of my life, and see all three of us in our children.

"You look happy," my wife said.

I looked down to see her smiling up at me. "I am happy, my love. I was just thinking how much I love my life."

"Uh-Oh," our husband said, leaning his chin on my shoulder. "He's going to start crying again."

"Shut up," I told him with a laugh, shrugging my shoulder to bump his chin off of me. "I can't help it. I almost missed out on all of this. I was so stupid."

"Daddy said a bad word," Melody said with a giggle. "Be nice, Daddy." She wagged her chubby little finger at me. "Or I'll give you a timeout."

I caught her little finger and wrapped mine around it. "You're right, my little angel. Daddy will be nice. I'm just so happy with my life."

"Because Daddy has me and sissy?" she asked me, her dark eyebrows raising in question. "And bubby. If he ever gets here and mommy stops keeping him all to herself." She turned to glare at her mother.

"I'm not doing it on purpose!" her mother told her. "He'll be here in a month, sweetheart. I promise. Any longer and mommy is going to drag him out herself, because mommy needs some real coffee or she is going to cry."

"Don't cry, mommy," Melody told her. "I know where Appa hid your favorite coffee. I'll get it for you when we get home."

"No you won't!" My husband said as he tickled our daughter. "You promised me when we hid it that you would keep it a secret!"

"But I don't want mommy to cry!" she pouted at him and giggled at his tickling her at the same time.

"She won't actually cry," I promised her.

"I might!" my wife said as she put both hands on her hips. "You two have no idea how hard it is to handle two kids, all by yourself, when you're eight months pregnant and aren't allowed to have any caffeine!"

"Well we're here to help, now," I told her, using the arm that wasn't holding Harper to pull her to my side so that I could kiss her temple. "You can just sit on the couch and order us around until our little boy is born, okay?"

"That sounds like heaven," she said as she melted into my side. "And...Theo."

"What?" I asked her, curious about the new name. "What happened to Emerson?"

"He just doesn't feel like an Emerson to me," she said with a pout that matched the one our oldest had just given her. "I hope you weren't too attached to it."

"Mandy had a dream, didn't she?" Our husband asked her. "She told you that she dreamed about him and that his name was Theo." 

"I..." she started, but he held up his hand.

"Nope. Don't even try to act like that's not what happened," he told her with a laugh. He wasn't mad, just teasing her. "That's how these two rugrats got their names, so I'm not even surprised."

"Not rugrat!" Harper said, lifting her head off my shoulder to glare at him. "I am princess."

He laughed at her and leaned over to kiss her forehead. "Yes. You're a princess. Appa was just teasing mommy."

Harper tried to glare at him, but gave in and smiled and held her arms out. "Hug, Appa."

He put Melody down and pulled Harper from my arms, hugging her tight. "I missed you, princess."

"Enough for tea party?" she asked him, her voice hopeful.

"Enough for a hundred tea parties," he told her, shifting her a little so that he could carry her as we started towards the doors of the airport.

I kept my arm around my wife's waist and reached for Melody's hand with the other. She wrapped her little fingers around mine and skipped along beside me.

I really might cry.

My life is more perfect than I ever could have dreamed of it being.

My eyes popped open and I stared up at the ceiling over my bed. The dream kept running through my mind, over and over again.

Usually, after waking up, my dreams started to dissipate, until I could barely remember what had happened. Or until my brain started filling in the holes and it ended up being nothing like the dream that I actually had.

But this one...this was so real.

I've never felt anything like it. I was so happy. My life was so complete. So different than it is right now.

The sad thing is that the way it is now...it's all my fault.

I'm the one that pushed them away.

But I want that dream. I wanted my life to be like that. I want to be happy with my soulmates.

I can only hope that I can convince Kris and Jin to forgive me.

*******************************************

A/N: Normally, when I write, I write a few sentences, then stop to do something else, because my life is a bit chaotic. But this...this took me all of 25 minutes to write. It came out so quick and so easy and I didn't even have to think about it. I hope that you're all staying safe and healthy, loves. And enjoying your lives to the fullest. -------Kat

Please enjoy this man's beautiful smile.