Chapter 33

Acacia Point of View

"Hmph, how arrogant." One of the men in the room hummed in disdain.

"Well, I have the resource to be arrogant." I shrugged casually. These men who were being so high and might turned grim after hearing what I said.

While, I did not miss the very slightly audible snicker that came from my side!

"I received your esteemed invitation. May I know what this is about?" I asked not wanting to waste any time.

These men might not have work to do but I have a lot on my plate. I need to launch my bicycles in a few days and the plans for further ventures should be made. If I sit around chatting with these useless me, when will I be successful?

"A woman should know the tone she should use on a superior." The old man sitting on the first chair to my right spat with an ugly face.

With a frown, I turned to Azar and he immediately said that the person who talked just now was called Lord of Uplon.

Ah, I see. Isn't he also the one who has been investigating me in the past few days.

"Indeed. Although you are ugly, since you look a lot feminine, why don't we shut our mouth together? The more the merrier." One of my best friends was best at giving retorts. Over years of growing up together, if I didn't even learn a hair of it, it's a shame to our friendship.

It must be either because they did not hear a woman talk like this before or there was none who talked to them like this before, they all looked clearly murderous.

I could clearly tell that the temperature in the room has increased by a notch or two. However, I'm not scared. The time anyone could scare me has passed and I cannot afford to be scared anymore.

"Do you think just because you are conferred as the Lord of a province, we do not dare to put you in a right place?" The one who spoke was a younger person. Almost a year or two younger than me.

"Hey, kid, why are you meddling yourself in adults business. Don't you have school to go? Also, what do you mean you want to put me in right place? You might still be muddled but the one who was in right place is me and those in the wrong place are you. Do not forget this is my territory and in here, I am the boss." Although I said it deliberately slowly, I maintained my tone and made it a gentle warning.

They wanted me to mind my tone so for now, why not?

The kid who got the reply from me froze in shock. Gaping at me almost as if I had snubbed something important of his.

"Now, will anyone tell me why I was invited cordially for this insulting ceremony?"

"Get down from your position; give it back to a capable man. Return all your business to the one who replace you." Are they not ashamed to talk like this with such straight face?

"And why should I? Give me one sensible reason." I smiled and leaned back on my chair.

"You are a woman and your place is in between the four walls of your residence. I have never seen such a shameless woman before." Shameless woman? Alright I will soon show you how shameless a woman can be.

You people really know how to touch my bottom line, don't you?

"Sensible reason I asked for old man. Where is sense in what you said?"

"This is sensible. A woman, that too, a mother will definitely not shame herself by walking on men's path. This is disgraceful. What do you know about business and politics that you dared to put your nose into it?"