Chapter 31

Acacia Point of View

What happened to this man suddenly?

Wasn't he being too arrogant and confident just a few minutes ago?

Why does he look pained now? Heck, I didn't even start mocking him for him to give me this expression.

Ignoring his unusual behavior, I got on the bicycle and stepped on the pedals. Taking a deep breath of anticipation, I started pedaling and the bicycle moved forward smoothly without any hitch.

Going into the bustling living room, I shouted for everyone to get out of my way as I circled around the living room in the midst of gaping staff.

Although these people weren't terrified by my sudden commotion, they did seems extremely interested in the thing I was riding on.

I could see astonishment in the eyes of my staff, guards and even in the eyes of Azar who doesn't dare show any reaction to anything.

For about twenty minutes, I continued to test the bicycle inside the palace, in the lawn and out on the driveway on a pebbled path.

The quality of the wheels and their strength was good. It seems like even if the roads are not improved, the wheels can easily roll smoothly over rocky path.

I nodded in approval and finally stopped in front of Mrs. Leto, who was giving me a mix of looks from astonishment to displeasure.

Don't tell me these people don't allow women to ride a vehicle!

Nonetheless, it can be changed.

"Mister Aguelli" I called out and looked at the man who has been giving me rather unusual, if not the heated glances.

"I suggest you make a choice, Mister Aguelli." I said calmly, yet giving him a sharp smile.

"My apologies, Milady. I did not get your meaning." He shook his head as he broke out from his trance.

"I suggest you choose whether you want your eyes or not. If you love still seeing this world, then keep them away from me. If you are vexed with the mundane life, then I don't mind asking someone to pull out your eyeballs from your sockets."

I got down and pulled down the side stand to keep it in place. Moving back to where Mister Aguelli was, I raised my brow waiting for his answer.

"My apologies for the misunderstanding, Milady. I was merely astonished to see that the thing actually worked fine and how you could come up with such a brilliance innovation. How dare I have any scores on a noble lady like you." He said with a small bow to which I nodded curtly.

I don't believe it though. I saw desire in his eyes and somehow I know this person is not as simple as he looks.

The familiar feeling I get from him makes me vigilant towards him and one of the reasons for my strict behavior towards him was to test and see who exactly he is and what his motive might be for getting close to me.

"The brakes are not smoother. You better work on the brakes and oil the chain well. The seat is too hard and sloppy so give it a balance. Once these small changes are made, we can release it into the market." Without giving him another glance, I walked off inside, leaving Azar to take care of the further proceedings.

These days, while the bicycle was being made, I have been occupied with political affairs of the province and simultaneous giving my attention to my son.

With the whole load of work I have, I take Igses everywhere I go so as to miss the good time with him.

Apart from work what occupied me the most these days were books.