Good Endings.

Cgc

I didn't bother buying any new bottles of alcohol since I know Brynn's not a big drinker and we already have some at home. I let the boys know it was her birthday and I texted Maddy and Nova as well to invite them over tonight to celebrate. Luckily, everyone was down to take a little breather and have a couple of beers. It's been a long, difficult week for the boys and I. Practice has been tougher than usual since the anticipated game is coming up in two days. We're all tired from practice and school so this was the perfect time to be able to do something like this.

I bring over a couple of bottles to the table including shot glasses for the eight of us. Everyone is already here including Brynn. She brought over the cake I bought her and each of us has already gotten a piece, so we're about to play a little drinking game now. I grab the Fireball and fill the shot glasses to the brim.

"Everyone knows how to play right?" I ask. "I don't usually partake in drinking games, so no," Monet replies. "Me either," Brynn says next to me. "Alright so basically, we'll start with Monet since she's on the far end corner. Monet, you're going to ask Rhys, whos next to you, a question. But you have to whisper it in his ear so no one else can hear. Rhys is going to say his answer to her question out loud but obviously, we won't know what exactly she asked him. If you're curious and want to know, you have to take a shot and the person who asked the question can tell you what they asked. You can also choose to not answer the question the person asked you but you have to take a shot. Yeah?" I ask after explaining.

The girls nod so we start the game with Monet. She whispers in Rhys' ear. He chuckles before answering. "Fuck yeah," he says. No one is curious enough to ask what Monet's question was so Rhys whispers in Valdez's ear next. "One hour ago," Valdez says. Rhys snorts. Nova furrows her thick brows before grabbing a shot and downing it. Her face contorts as she wipes her mouth with the back of her hand. Valdez groans and throws his head back on the couch. "Tell me, Rhys," Nova says. "Censor your ears, kids. I asked him when was the last time he did the jerk," Rhys says. Everyone makes a disgusted face including me. "What?" Nova questions.

"What's that mean!" she asks. "Seriously? Babe, the word is in the sentence. Your boyfriend jer-" Maddy doesn't get a chance to finish explaining because Xander covers her mouth. She moves it quickly and glares at him. "He jerked off an hour ago, Nov," Xander says. "I was going to say that!" Maddy says through clenched teeth. "Oh," Nova says, her face flushing immediately. "Your turn, Valdez," I say. He nods and leans in to whisper something in his girlfriend's ear. Her face is still a light pink color as he whispers in her ear. She shakes her head and picks up another shot, drinking it quickly.

Valdez laughs. "You're gonna get drunk, babe," he says. She licks her lips. "I don't care!" Maddy grabs a shot and takes it. "I want to know what she didn't answer," she says with an evil smile. Nova's eyes widen and she shakes her head. "It's the rules, Nov. Spill, Valdez," I say. "I asked her body count," he tells us. "Oh, boo. I know that," Maddy says. Valdez sits up straighter, suddenly interested. Maddy would never tell him though. "What is it?" he asks. "Maddy!" Nova yelps. "Like I would tell you. What's yours?" She challenges. Valdez doesn't say anything and she smiles, knowing she won.

Nova gets up and walks over to whisper something in Xander's ear. "Your boyfriend," Xander says. Nova gasps as she sits back down next to Valdez. Xander laughs and winks at Valdez. Maddy looks at him curiously. "What did that mean?" she asks. "Take a shot," Xander tells her. "No," she replies. "Then you won't know." Xan shrugs. Maddy rolls her eyes as Xander leans in to whisper in her ear next. "Maybe Cgc," she answers. Xander nods as my curiosity peaks but I decide not to take a shot. Maddy leans into my ear to whisper her question. "Do you still like Brynn?" she asks me.

I chuckle. "No," I answer out loud. It's a lie. "Yikes," Maddy says, sucking air through her teeth. I don't let anyone have a chance to say anything as I whisper in Brynn's ear. The smell of strawberries fills my nostrils. I shake the cobwebs out of my head. "If you could switch lives with anyone in this room for a day, who would it be?" I ask. She thinks about it for a second and I notice her scoot away from me smoothly. Hm. "Nova," she replies. Nova smiles before grabbing a shot. Valdez smiles, shaking his head. "I wanna know," Nova says after she swallows the liquor.