Assumptions.

Brynn

"Rhys!" Cgc says, a little louder than the last time, trying to catch his best friend's attention. Rhys whips his head back toward Cgc. "Yeah?" he asks, dazed. Cgc frowns furrowing his brows. "The hell were you looking at?" Valdez questions, turning his head to look in the direction Rhys was. Currently, we're all scheduled to take our midterms for our Wednesday course today which starts in about thirty minutes. None of share the same courses, but at least half of the Monday, Wednesday - maybe even Friday - classes take their midterms today.

I was getting in some last-minute studying when Cgc called and told me that he and his friends were on campus. He told me to come join them, so I came. I was about to blow my brains out from all the studying so I'm lucky to be able to take a breather before my test.

I pull my glasses up from my eyes to my head. It's hotter than the last ring of hell out here. "That girl over there," Rhys whisper shouts. This catches everyone at the table's attention. "You know how I was a little late to practice yesterday because of work?" Rhys asks no one in particular. "A little late is an understatement," Cgc replies. "You were thirty minutes late," Xander chimes.

Rhys rolls his eyes. "Alright, I get it. Anyway, I was in a rush while also texting my. . ." he hesitates, "friend. I didn't see where I was going and I bumped into her and spilled her coffee all over her outfit," Rhys finishes explaining and then sucks air through his teeth. "I tried apologizing but she cut me off faster than I could even process what was happening and she cursed me out. . . bad," he adds. "Who?" Maddy asks, looking back at where he was looking. She squints her eyes. "Her! The girl wearing that white shirt. The one with the braids," he explains. We all look again and Maddy gasps, grabbing our attention.

"That's Monet Adams you fool!" she says, looking at Rhys.

"Huh?"
"Monet who?"
"Who's that?"
"Really? I can't see!"

A bunch of different reactions come from everyone at the table. I don't say anything as I have no idea who they're talking about. I can't see from afar but I have a distinct view of the girl Rhys is talking about. She's too far to see clearly. "Are you guys like uneducated? Monet Adams is like the most famous person at our school. Why she goes here beats fucking me," Maddy explains. I furrow my brows in thought. I've never heard of her. "This is the first time I've ever actually seen her on campus!" Maddy says, reverting her attention back to the girl.

"What is she famous for exactly?" Valdez asks the question most of us are wondering. "Her mom and dad are actors. Ever heard of Amari or Kate Adams?" Nova says. "Ohh! The guy from the boxing movie?" Xander asks. "Yup!" Nova says with a smile. "She's been in the public eye since she was born. She's got like a million followers on Instagram. She's an influencer and model. She's hot," Nova says, joining Maddy in on looking at her. "Hm. I never heard of her," Rhys says stealing another glance at her. "She's a bit scary though, not gonna lie," he adds.

"I can't believe you ruined her outfit, Rhys. You know how expensive her clothes must be?" Maddy asks. "I didn't do it on purpose, sheesh," he defends himself. Cgc pats his back a couple of times. "Shit, she's coming in this direction," Rhys says, turning his back to her as she inches towards us. We all look away so we won't look like a bunch of freaks. "So how's the weather?" Nova asks, her cheeks flushing a bright red after. "Seriously?" Cgc says lowly. "I didn't know what to say!" she whisper shouts.

I giggle and Valdez looks at her like she's the most precious person on the planet. The sound of Monet's heels passes by us as we all stare when she walks by. If she knows we're staring at her, she doesn't make it known. "Oh my gosh, she is so hot," Nova says. "Babe. ." Valdez says. "Sorry!" she apologizes quickly. "She is though," Cgc says with a shrug. "Agreed," Rhys adds. "She hates you," Maddy tells him. Rhys frowns. I'm sure that's not true. He probably caught her in a bad moment.