Stay For A While.

Cgc

I offered to bring Brynn all the way up to her floor, the tenth one. It's inching one a.m. and I wanted to make sure she got here safely. She decided to pass on meeting up with her team after dinner since she said her night had already been entertaining enough. That little menace. She walks in front of me towards her room that's all the way at the end of the hall. Luckily, we're staying at the same hotel, except the team is on the twelfth and eleventh floor. "You should stay for a while? I don't think I'm tired yet and who knows when the girls and guys will be back," she says.

I shrug my shoulders like it's whatever but I'm actually excited. I don't know, I enjoy the times we spend together. Even if it's just filled with us talking about the stupidest shit imaginable. She unlocks the door with her keycard and opens the door for us. I walk in and glance around the room like I don't have the same one two floors up. "Who are you rooming with?" I ask her as I plop down on what I assume is her bed. "Lauren," she says, taking off her heels before joining me on the other side of the bed. "Ah, my girl," I say, remembering Monday night.

We hung out for a little bit longer after we left the drug store. Even though she had taken the pill, she was still panicking. I distracted her for a while longer just to take her mind off things. And no, not in a sexual way. I meant when I said that we're just friends. We've reached that point these past couple of months. "Your girl?" Brynn smiles, amused. "Not like that," I say quickly. She laughs, "I know you two are friends but she's told me about your past rendezvous." I groan. Of course, she did. "That was sophomore year and a little bit of junior year," I admit.

"Fun. Lauren is gorgeous, I'm jealous," she says, leaning back against the bed frame. I raise my brows slightly. "Oh, so that's why you're so unavailable," I muse. She furrows her eyebrows at me. "Are you trying to say that I'm lesbian?" she asks. "It's okay if you are. I mean, I get it. Women are beautiful." She smiles a bit and shakes her head. "They are and I can appreciate a beautiful woman, but no. I'm not. Don't be too disappointed," she says. I smirk, "Not disappointed at all."

"But yes. Lauren is gorgeous, I can appreciate that even now. She's just not someone I can see myself with anymore," I say truthfully. I know her all too well and she knows me just the same - well kind of. "She's hooking up with Aiyden Johnson? I have no idea who that is," Brynn shrugs. I tense slightly at the basketball player's name. I already knew Lauren was hooking up with him but she told me she wouldn't be seeing him anymore after Monday's incident. I hope Brynn's just behind on the gossip because I'll be pissed if Lauren lied to me.

"Right," I say lowly. "Subject change!" Brynn says suddenly "are we going to the fair this coming week?" She smiles in excitement. I return it, "You want to go to the fair with me?" I ask curiously. She shrugs, "Why not? I love fairs. I used to drive around Florida with friends to find fairs whenever they were in certain towns." If only I actually liked driving, I'd take her around California to do the same thing. "I'm down. We could invite the guys and girls," I say. She nods eagerly. "You have to get on the rides though," she says, pointing a finger at me. "Duh, people who don't get on rides are wussies," I scoff.

"Wait," I add quickly, "I thought you were scared of heights? You like to get on rides?" I ask. "Well by rides I meant the ones that don't take you hundreds of feet in the air." She smiles and I roll my eyes. "The kiddy rides then?" I say. Her mouth gapes a bit. "They are still rides, Cgc. Don't discriminate against children," she says, all too seriously. I can't help but laugh. "I will do as I please. Kids are annoying," I shrug. She narrows her eyes at me and shakes her head. "You were a kid once. I bet you were annoying."

"I bet I was. Ask my parents," I retort. Her face contorts slightly. "Ouch," she says. "I really get off laughing about my trauma, don't worry," I assure her. "Lucky you," she scoffs. This catches my attention slightly. What trauma could she have? I think it's only fair to know since she knows about mine. "What has Brynn Danvers gone through that she can't laugh about?" I ask, leaning back on my hands. Her eyes leave mine and focus in on her hands instead. "Literally nothing," she says, chuckling.