Bad Night Out.

Cgc

Tuesday night and we're out again. God, I have to figure out how to stop going out less. My body is still sore from morning practice today so I regret not staying in and taking a long, cold shower instead. I guess I'll either have to wake up early and do that or just practice with this soreness tomorrow morning. When we get to the bar, we slide into the booth we always normally sit at in the back. I let everyone make their way in and sit at the edge of the cushioned booth next to Rhys.

I wince slightly as I lower my body down. I fucking hate morning workouts. As soon as we're all set, a waitress immediately comes to our table and takes our orders. I order water for now and the guys tease me about it. They say I'm "changing" which is not true at all. I just don't want to rush my two beer limit so I'll start with water.

"Oh, by the way," I say, getting everyone's attention "I invited a friend. She's new to Oak Hill so I wanted to introduce her to a couple of people. AKA you guys," I tell them. "Basically, I want to fuck her, so I'm being overly nice," I smile a fake one. Maddy rolls her green eyes. "Of course," she says "I was waiting for the extra part." She knows me well. I'm sure they were all confused, I could read it on each one of their faces. I don't invite girls to hang out with my friends, this is a first. She's special, really.

"Wait, who?" Rhys asks next to me. "Brynn," I say. He met her earlier but I'm sure he remembers that. He never questioned me about it once we got home. "Brynn? A tiny blonde?" Maddy says, catching my attention. I smile, "That's the one." I'm aware that they probably got acquainted by now since they live in the same hall. "Whoooa, seriously?" Rhys asks me, brows furrowed. I nod as the waitress returns with our drinks. I hit my straw against the wooden table to pull out my straw and stick it inside my glass.

"We going for blondes now?" Valdez asks, one eyebrow arched. I roll my eyes. I've dated one blonde girl and that was in high school. Nothing against them but I'm typically into brunettes. It's just a preference. "She's literally the prettiest girl I've ever seen. Blonde or not. You'll see once she gets here," I tell them, one hundred percent serious. "I thought I was the prettiest girl you've ever seen?" Maddy asks with a frown. My eyes widen and Xander snaps his head towards me.

Fuck.

"I never said that," I say, calmly. I definitely said that but Xander doesn't have to know that. Plus, I take it back. Brynn definitely takes that title. She narrows her eyes at me. "I didn't," I say, shrugging. "Yeah, he said I was the prettiest girl he's ever seen!" Rhys says. Everyone looks at him like what the hell. He knows Xander better than I do so he's probably just trying to relieve the stress off his friend. I'm pretty sure it's been long enough now to know that Maddy and I are no longer. I don't even like thinking about it.

Also, I said that thing about her being the prettiest girl before she and Xander were ever together. I'd never say that to her with the knowledge that she was dating one of my friends. "You definitely said that, no need to lie. You're right." Xander shrugs his shoulders and takes a swig from his Corona. Maddy looks at him like she wants to kiss him. Yeah, those two? They're too horny for their own good. They never rest. I make a disgusted face at the thought. "Okay, I said that, but I take it back. Wait till you see this girl," I jut my head toward the entrance even though Brynn still hasn't shown up.

"He will not be looking at any other girl," Maddy says, glaring daggers at me. "Fine, you be the judge. You saw her already, what do you think?" I ask her. She rolls her eyes again. "Nothing," she says. I furrow my brows in confusion. "What do you mean nothing?" I ask her. She sips on her water and shrugs. "She means nothing to me, I don't care. She's irrelevant." Okay, I take it back. She hasn't gotten nicer since she openly started dating Xan. Her words don't phase me though. I could care less about her opinion.