Chapter 21 - Silver City

I was ready to set out on my own when the Sea God arrived five days later

I was ready to set out on my own when the Sea God arrived five days later. Duplicating myself to search for Shannon had worn my energy low, preventing me from leaving sooner. Since restful sleep eluded me, I'd resorted to telling stories to Eitri and Brokkr to boost my natural recharge. Impatient and trying not to give into panic, I was sure Shannon was getting farther and farther away.

Manannan rose from the water and strode up the steps that led to Eitri and Brokkr's workshop. "Prince Loki. It is fortunate I was already here on Tír na nÓg when I got Mist's message. After talking to you on Litaui, I figured I'd be of more use here. Unfortunately, I didn't find any sign that Shannon has reached the Ocean of Ceobhran, but I put out word with the selkies and dolphins, as well as my fellow sea gods and goddesses, to keep an eye out for her."

I inclined my head. "Thank you, Manannan. I appreciate it. We missed her by less than a day, it seems, before she set off into the Sea of Lantia."

"Our best bet would be as you suggested. We need to talk to the Fomorians. Since I wanted to speak to you first, I haven't stopped there yet," Manannan said.

Mist joined us.

"Are you able to take me with you to talk to them?" she asked. "Unlike you two, I can't shapeshift or breathe underwater."

"Although it will slow our progress, the trade-off is you will learn what I know at the same time I do. It would allow us to change where we go depending on what we find," he mused.

I weighed the pros and cons.

"Mist can run along the water's surface until we need to dive. That should allow us to still make good time and talk to the Atlanteans together," I proposed.

"I hadn't thought of that. Sure, it works," Manannan agreed.

Leaving them on the shore, I went back into the workshop to say goodbye to Eitri and Brokkr.

"Thank you both for your kind hospitality," I said.

"Make sure you bring your beautiful Shannon to visit us. I can't believe you have offspring on the way! Talk about chaos!" teased Brokkr.

Eitri cuffed him on the back of the head.

"We really are very happy for you, Loki. I hope you are with her very soon," he said with a kind smile on his ugly face. Turning serious, he added, "If there is anything else we can do to help, let us know. I'm still ashamed of what those sacks of basalt did to your consort."

Brokkr nodded his agreement, eyes downcast.

"I will. Thank you."

Stepping back outside, I rejoined Manannan and Mist. "Ready to go?"

"Yes, just follow me. I'll stay close to the surface so Mist can track us until it's time to head into the depths," Manannan said before he walked into the waves.