Chapter 3 - Ambassador Ogma

Mother's tall, elegant form appeared in the healing room beside me

"We've received word that Ambassador Ogma is on his way. Come back to the throne room, Son," she said. 

My fists clenched. Finally. I nodded as her projection dissipated. "Come with me, Mist. We may want your eyewitness account when we speak to Ogma," I said, turning to her.

"Of course, my prince. Anything I can do. Absolutely anything," she offered as she accompanied me out of the room.

I glanced sideways, meeting her gaze. "You know I may need to access your mind?"

Mist didn't flinch, but her jaw tightened. "As I said, absolutely anything, Loki. A bit of discomfort as you project my memories is a tiny price for getting Shannon back," she replied, fierceness in her tone.

Moving rapidly up the sets of stairs and down the hall, we entered the throne room to find additional guards stationed along the walls in anticipation of the presence of the Sidhe ambassador. The All-Father never failed to take advantage of an opportunity to emphasize Asgard's strength to political visitors from other realms.

Joining Thor at the foot of the steps at the base of the throne, Mist and I bowed. At Odin's gesture, we stood to the side so we would surround the ambassador when he arrived.

"Mist has agreed to allow me to project her memories of the event so the ambassador can't deny the presence of The Wild Hunt, Crom Cruach and Llew," I told them, attempting to control the anticipation surging through my veins. By the Norns, I wanted to grab the bloody ambassador by the throat and squeeze until he returned Shannon.

"Is this true, Mist?" asked Odin, his single eye unblinking.

With a short jerk of her head, she replied, "Yes, my king. Anything to help Princess Shannon."

"Thank you, Mist. I'm aware it is an invasion and uncomfortable," replied Frigga.

Mist smiled tightly and inclined her head.

Sigrdrífa and Thjalfi entered the throne room, leading a squad of six guards surrounding the tall, lean, golden-haired elven ambassador. Approaching the steps to the throne, they bowed to Odin and Frigga, then stepped to the side.

Ambassador Ogma stepped forward and bowed, waiting for Odin to acknowledge him.

"Ambassador Ogma, we have called you to Asgard to answer for the kidnapping of our daughter, Princess Shannon, consort of Prince Loki." Odin's voice was a threatening thunder, his fury filling the space with dangerous potential.

"King Odin, All-Father. I bring greetings from the Aos Si and congratulations to Prince Loki on his mating. I am appalled to hear she has gone missing. However, I am at a loss why you think the Sidhe would have knowledge of your daughter?" Ogma's answer was careful, his voice measured and polite in the face of Odin's anger.