The Devastated Man

Do vote and comment
Word count :1358

CHAPTER #34

I did not know where he has gone. Whether he left the hall premises or went inside. Every part of me crashed down just thinking of idrees leaving me. I am such an overthinker ugh!
I had to behave normal so that people don't think that something has happened.

Let's smile and keep going-

°°°°
We reached home and I didn't see idrees anywhere. He was coming in a different car. There were a lot of guests at our house so some of the chatterbox aunties were coming with us in our car.
They ate off my head by their silly gossips. I was already so worried regarding the stupidity safi did and my thought of idrees leaving me that was haunting me for so long and these women kept on talking about jumana wearing a lot of  makeup and suhana eating more than one cup of ice cream.
Those were indeed so important talks!

As soon as I reached home, I went straight to my room  and closed the door behind as every tear that I was holding back started falling down.
To my surprise, idrees was sitting there on the bed. He was looking at me with a cold and heartbroken look.
I need to speak up. Silence will do nothing but make things worse

"idrees" I said slowly in a low tone. He looked down and flinched his face probably because he was crying "I am not in relationship with anyone" I said stressing on the word 'not'
"I used to be his girlfriend when I never knew you would come in my life" he looked at me as I spoke. I sat near his feet so that I can look at him "he was my college mate and I used to like him since then" I started stuttering as my tears interfered. He caught my shoulders and made me sit beside him.

"you don't have to give me clarifications" he said in a low husky voice "it's hard for me to accept that you loved someone else" his voice creaking in between. I couldn't say anything. I so wanted to tell him about my feelings for him but I couldn't mutter up the courage "you are tired, go and sleep. I'll come later" he got up

"where are you going?" I asked

"don't know" he said and left the room

I hated myself. This wasn't supposed to happen. When it was time that I had proved to him and told him my true feelings, safi ruined it all!
____________________________________________

Idrees's POV

The moment he told that johara is in a relationship with him, every part of me crashed inside. The anger in me swirled through every blood cell of mine. I felt like I am destroyed. It was unbelievable to think that she is still in relationship with him. She cannot do that!
I left the place and started walking to nowhere. I had no idea where I was going but then I suddenly remembered that it's my sister's wedding. I can't just abandon her like this on her special day. She needs me beside her and I am not going to be bad brother.

°°°°
The wedding was over and inayah went with her husband. I tried so not to cry after hearing about johara and safi's relationship but I couldn't stop when I saw my own sister crying while send off. Those tears were purely for her. She hugged me and I patted her on her back and rubbed her head from above the veil she was wearing.
I was not going in the car in which johara was going. At least I didn't want to see her face in public or else I'll end up doing something that I shouldn't do.

Once I reached home, I went to my room and closed the door. I felt glad that johara wasn't home still. I would get some time to get off my anger and cry a little bit. Men are often stereotyped that they shouldn't cry but people forget that we are also humans and we need to cry off our grieves out and that doesn't make us any weaker.

After a while, johara came in the room. She looked exhausted and irritated. I kept looking at her with what emotion I didn't know. I felt dismay and anger all together.
I remember how a while ago she asked me to knot her hijab and how she reacted to my every word and touch. If she really loves safi, then why would she react like that to me? I was going mad. I had to just go away but johara said something  "idrees" I looked at her

"I am not in relationship with anyone"  there was a pinch of truthfulness in her voice but who knows. She doesn't love me. That's what she had been telling me since the day we got married "I used to be his girlfriend when I never knew you would come in my life. He was my college mate and I used to like him since then" it made sense. She never knew that I would be married to her.

Maybe that's the truth and safi is just trying to break us apart. I know him very well and I know johara as well. I was hoping that this is the truth. She was sitting by my feet so I caught her and made her sit beside me

"you don't have to give me clarifications" I said "it's hard for me to accept that you loved someone else" my heart breaking into a million pieces "you are tired, go and sleep. I'll come later"

"where are you going?"

"don't know" I said and left the room. I got out of the house and started walking on the street. This was like a colony where houses were aligned in to rows with a road in between. I kept walking and walking until I came to the park that was in the end of the road. Just then, I heard some weird noises. To be more precise, slurping and moaning sounds.

"baby promise me, you will never leave me" this voice was so similar. I have heard this voice. I went in and hid behind the bushes which were around the park. I could see a man kissing a woman on the bench. The woman's back was facing me so I couldn't see her but I could see the man faintly. That was safi!
Who's that woman with him? It was definitely not johara because she is in the house. Wait, woe on me that I was thinking so low of my wife. No matter what she is my wife and I shouldn't think like this of her.

"let's do this baby, I can't hold it anymore" the girl spoke. Her voice was so different. The voice had a high pitch.

They moved hands here and there and suddenly I heard intense moans from that woman. I was sickened at whatever they were doing. Safi is such a disgusting person and after I saw this, I understood that safi was just playing with us. Maybe johara was in relationship with him but I knew that now she isn't. This man can't love her and neither she can love him. Everything made sense. I took a long breath and left that place.

I thought of buying something for johara. I don't care if she loves me or not but I love her no matter what. I took the scooter that my father uses and went to the Indian area in the city. I found a flower shop there. I entered and bought flower bangles for her which had jasmine and rose on it. I was sure johara would like it.

I hanged the plastic bag of those flower bangles on the handle of the scooter and sped off back to home but on the way, I don't know how but I crashed with a bus.

•••••••••

𝑴𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒔𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆......

Don't forget to vote and hope you are liking the story!
Happy reading!
Jazakallah 🥀