Sick And Well

Do vote and comment
Word count :1171

CHAPTER #20

Johara's POV

I didn't know what I was feeling. The moment he said my mother is suffering from alzheimers, I naturally forgot the cold looks idrees gave me down in the kitchen. Not that I care, but he just can't behave like that me because who's he? I am johara! CEO of the multi national textile company. He has got no match to me.
I just laid down, facing the other side and closed my eyes. I recollected all the memories I had with my mother.

I honestly hated her for playing with my life so badly. Marrying me off to someone forcefully. Well, god is giving right to her.

I didn't realize when I fell asleep.

°°°°

I wish I could tell you how I feel, about you and everything related to you. It was a damn beautiful moment when you came in my life and I wish you stay in my life forever, but not like this. Not like this johi.

What's going on?

I never thought this would be so fast. Many things were unexpected and I never wanted it all to be like this but trust me, I want to make you mine forever and ever. I'll not let you cry, shed a single tear or let you see any grief in life. I. Love. You.

"aahh" I got up with a jerk panting. My head felt funny. The sweat was dripping from all over my face. Idrees sat beside me reciting quran in the most melodious voice I would have ever heard. Way more melodious than the songs I hear every now and then.

"johara, are you ok? Did you see any nightmare?"

"I..I... Don't know... I.." I couldn't say anything properly. I was stuttering. My head was so heavy that I could barely lift it up and let my head fall on the pillow. I took long breaths and and clutched the bedsheet as sweat kept dripping from my face.

I felt cold water getting mixed with the drops of my sweat and it gave me a burning feeling. "you have high fever" a low husky voice occupied my hearing. I looked at idrees to see him have his eyebrows twitched in worry and patting cold towel on my forehead. His dark tousled hair fell on his forehead which made him look soft and fierce as well.

"were you awake all night?" I asked slowly

"you were moving uneasily in your sleep" he said slowly, touching my forehead slowly with his fingertips "I thought you were having a nightmare so I checked on you to see you had high fever"

"ohh" I just said, moving my head more towards him to make it easier for him to caress me more "you were reading so nicely"

"I wasn't reading" he giggled "I was reciting quran"

"will you recite it again?" I asked him again in whisper. We exchanged our gazes in a stare for a while.

"sure" he smiled and kissed on my head between my untidy hair

He took the quran and opened it slowly with delicacy and started reciting from where he stopped before. He started of low with a melodious tone which soothed my heart. Not a minute, his deep voice echoed in the room. I closed my eyes and crept near him with a smile, my cheek touched his thigh. With right hand he caught the quran and kept caressing my hair with the other. I listened to every single word that came out of his mouth. It felt magical.

"sadaqallah-ul-azeem" he didn't recite after saying that

"over?"

"yeah" he smiled "how are  you feeling?"

"peaceful and better" I said "you recite it so well" I looked at him with awe

"come on now, we have to go to the doctor in a while" he said "let me check your temperature" he kept the thermometer in my mouth and waited for a minute. 37.8°C

"I'll take a hot bath and it'll be ok, this fever isn't viral or bacterial so it'll heal by itself"

"but still.."

"you just be here with me" I blurted out  "I am fine when you are with me"

"yeah I am on the sofa just here. Don't worry" he gave a smile

"not on the sofa" I murmured "sleep here on the bed, with me. I want to be near you"
He stared at me for half a minute in disbelief. I know I don't accept him as my husband but right now, I badly needed him.
He steadily laid down beside me and pulled the blanket to put it on himself. Without thinking for a second, I buried myself in his chest and put my hand across his waist. He turned towards me and pulled me closer.
He kept moving his hand on my back as slowly as it can be possible. A lone tear escaped my eyes. Yes, my mother having alzheimers is something I didn't expect and now, though that happened what she deserved, I wanted her to be like my old mom. The joyous and jolly woman because of whom the house was always livened up. I didn't want her to forget things or stay on any kind of medication. I couldn't help it and I cried. I clutched his shirt and sobbed dismally.

"what happened?" he asked moving a little back so that he can get a view of my face

"ammi" I looked at him "I don't want her to have this disease"

"calm down" he gave a peck on my forehead "it's what Allah planned and we can't question his decision"

"why only my mother?"

"it's something we don't know. Allah knows best, let's leave it on him"
For the first time, I didn't want to break objects on the name of Allah even though I was fed up of hearing it. My breaths got heavier as he moved near me and joined our foreheads. I couldn't say anything, I forgot everything that happened between us. His fingers played beautifully on my back until he pulled me all of a sudden which joined our lips. He slowly kissed my lower lip, waiting for my permission to let him kiss me more. I wanted him. More and more every moment. I put my hand on his neck and kissed him deeply. Once we were out of breath, we separated but still our foreheads were joined. This was new and something safi tried to do to me but this wasn't like how I felt with him. I couldn't help but smile at how idrees took care of me.

In no time I fell asleep in his arms.

There's a little start in them getting together. How do you find this chapter? What do you think idrees might be feeling right now? Anyways that'll be coming soon in the further chapters so sit tight 😂
Hope everyone's doing fine. My exam is going on tho. Inshallah I'll be writing more actively soon😻
Jazakallahu khairan lovely people! ❤️