Wretched

Do vote and commit
Word count: 807

CHAPTER #25

Johara's POV

The dinner was finger-licking. I enjoyed each and every bite I ate. The biriyani had the right amount of spice and the cake was perfectly sugared.
I was so glad that the women were supposed to eat in a different room so I didn't have to deal with safi.
I patted my mouth gently with the serviette and moved into the lawn. The breeze was chilly and the atmosphere was quite silent as there weren't many people out, obviously because all of them were in, devouring the dinner.

Honestly speaking, I never thought that this scarf could be so comfortable on your head as well. It was so tightly bounded to my head and I felt so different. At first, I had the thought of removing it because who's he to make me wear what he likes! But then I let it be not because idrees asked me to wear it but because it gave me a different pleasure and feeling that I didn't want to lose. It's because I like it, not because he chose it for me to wear!

"are you done with your dinner?" sara came out looking for me. She looked dejected.

"that dinner was awesome, I enjoyed it wholeheartedly" I acknowledged "what's wrong?"

"I don't know if it's appropriate to say this to you but..." she stopped after that. She looked down and sighed

"tell me" I insisted

"it's about your husband" she looked at me with tears in her eyes "he...he.." she stammered

"what did he do?" I told "tell me fast because I didn't come here to get bored"

"he tried to force himself on him" she broke into tears

"what the bloody hell!" I was shocked at what she said. I can't believe that idrees would do such thing "he couldn't have done it, did he... Did he..."

"yes" she cried even more intensely. I was left dumbstruck. I didn't know what to say or I could say that no words were left with me to say.

"where is he?" I asked her but she was  crying too much. I insisted her more to say his whereabouts but she wasn't telling anything. I ran into the house and left the rooms where the dinner was going on. I saw a long passage leading to some room. I swiftly walked through it and found myself in a big hall. I looked up to see that there was huge corridor lined with rooms. I ran up the stairs and opened every room that was not locked but found nothing.

"idrees!" I screamed "idrees"

I heard a door opening from the end of the corridor. I walked over to see idrees standing in front of me with his shirt loose and tucked out of his pants. His hair were messy and wet. His face was gloomy and eyes deep as always.
My heart ached to look at him like this. I know him since my childhood and somehow my heart defended him.

"let's go home" I said plainly and walked away.

°°°°
"I didn't do anything" his quavering voice was clearly guilty. I didn't say a word "I know that your horrible friend has told you something to make you think that I am a bad man and I've done something to her but that's absolutely not true" he told it so fast that I had to listen to him with concentration.

"I am not concerned with what you do, sleep with anyone you like" I said untying my hijab

"how can you say that?" he howled between his cries "even if you are not concerned, know that  i am not such person. I hate your friend, in fact all of them. I can totally imagine how that woman can be who is so open with that harami safi"

Yes, safi! I just remembered that I had to ask him how he knew safi

I turned around to look at him to just get amazed at how red his eyes looked. HE HAD BEEN CRYING!
"why are you crying after all the fun you had? I don't even understand how you know safi"

He looked at me with those bloodshot eyes and gave me an enraging look. He took the pillow and went out of the room.

Finally I was free of him. How crooked is he to get so close to me and sleep with my friend. I don't care an inch whatever happens to him.
I would ask him about safi tomorrow but for now I needed some beautiful sleep.

Johara is being so heartless and I do wonder how can she not feel a bit.
What do you think happened with idrees that he is devastated so much?
Find out in the next chapter✨
Till then happy reading, jazakallah 🥀

Harami : a person who commits haram, acts that are prohibited in islam.