I Made The Worst Acquaintance

Do vote and comment
Word count :1220

CHAPTER #23

Idrees's POV

That night struck a hope in me that she will be mine. Not now maybe but someday. I honestly felt like Allah is very happy with me so everything good was happening in my life. I got three more contracts from across the country and I had been super busy in them.
There were always more than two meetings a day and I literally enjoyed it though sometimes I felt that I need to give time to johara. The maid would cook the food and johara would've been slept till I reach home. I could barely talk to her nowadays and I don't like it. Even my parents and inayah flied to america and the house seemed a quite more silent than before. Inayah was no less than a trumpet you know!
Until one day, johara informed me that one of her friends has invited her and even me to some dinner party. I honestly think that parties are a lot frequent common thing in her life.

Johara : we have to go to the party tonight, my friend has specially invited you and me!

Me : that friend who came with you for dinner at restaurant?

Johara : yeah, be here as early as you can

"may I come in, sir?"

"come in"

"you have a meeting with jhalak textiles team" the secretary left the room and I followed her with my file to the meeting hall. Shahi textiles, that is us and jhalak textiles were supposed to have a mutual negotiation regarding releasing a new fair of our collaboration. Both of the textile companies adored each other's designs so  Mr. Gagan, the CEO of the jhalak textiles company, and I had a word for a meeting regarding our initiation.
This meeting was wound up within two hours and our negotiations were successful. We were launching our new catalogues in the time span of six months and this is going to be a huge step for my company's recognition in the market.

I was so tired and drained that I strongly didn't want to go to the party. I even thought of saying johara that I don't want to come but later, I just changed my mind. I remember her saying that this party is from her snitch friend and I honestly hate her now. Really very much!

°°°°
I opened the door of the room and my eyes fell on my beautiful lady. She looked gorgeous in her black gown with a classic bun. She was doing her makeup. I sat down om the sofa for a while and closed my eyes for a while. I so wished I could've slept now.

"get ready fast, we have to leave" she said. I just don't want to go to that party and spend my alone time with my wife and try winning her heart. I opened her wardrobe and saw a glittering yellowish scarf lying in a corner. I took it and went up to her. I hugged her from behind and looked her in the mirror to see how stunning she looked. How slowly I touched her, that much stiff she would get and I love how she reacts to my closeness.

"you look beautiful" I smiled on her neck

"thank you" her nervousness was taking over her ability of speech

I gave her the scarf and said "wear this"
She looked confused "wear your hijab"

"you want me to wear what?" she asked in completely baffled tone

I turned her to make her face me and cupped her cheeks to bring her even closer to me "hijab" I said "a thing that will guard your beauty"

"I never wore it" that was exactly what I expected from her. I took the scarf from her hand and draped her hijab carefully. It was really a struggle but in the end, it was all done successfully.

"now look" I asked her too see herself in mirror and she was clearly shocked. Maybe this was her very first time wearing a hijab. "it's comfortable right?"

"yeah it is, thank you anyways. Now get ready yourself so that we can leave" she left the room.
To match with johara, I wore a classic attire of white shirt and black tuxedo. Combed my hair sideways as they are and left with my phone in my pocket.

°°°°
That stupid woman dragged johara with her and I just can't tell how much I am hating her right now.
I was checking my emails since past 5 minutes. I was having like over 10 emails from clients as well as the employees. Replying them later seemed better for now as I am in some party right now and a creepy woman has dragged my wife away though they call themselves friends.

I went and stood beside johara "assalamualaikum people" I greeted them.

"walaikumassalam" johara replied to my impressively loudly.

"you?" someone among us called up to me "what are you doing here?" I didn't recognize him at first but now his voice made everything clear to me. It was safi!! He is in India! Wow!

"I was bound to return" I smiled and caught my wife's hand "I am quite amazed to see you here. How come you leave all of that fun in america and come here?" I smirked at him.

A short introduction of safi by me, he was my neighbour in America or I suppose that his family is still my family's neighbour there. Both of the families have a good understanding and often I saw safi going out late nights.

An incident that I mention, once when our families went for an outing together, I asked him where he go at late nights as I did saw him the night before leaving at 12am. He got furious and left the place and didn't return back.
Imran's family was also our good company and by 'our' I mean, a good family friend of my family as well as safi's.

Once imran and I were walking through a street which was filled with clubs. Imran's eyes fell on safi going in one of the clubs. I didn't accept the fact that safi would go to such places so we both ended up on a conclusion that we will go inside and check.

The club was filled with music and neon lights and many girls dancing half naked and some strippers doing pole dances. I was mumbling Astaghfirullah under my breath and asked imran to get out but he isn't among those people who listen.

After going in, we finally found safi kissing a blonde girl on the sofa and touching her everywhere possible. That girl, also, had her hands all over his body.
My eyes fell off their sockets and rushed outside the club as I suffocated there. On that day, everything made sense that in what activities he was indulged but I never thought I would find him here, in a party of Johara's friend!

Ya Allah! Save us from bad people in every walk of our life🤲
So how was the chapter? I hope you are liking the story! Do comment and let me know. It's all open for you to share your views and talk with other people as well!
Happy reading, jazakallah 💐

The Last Warning ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें