jaehyun smiled, showing his deep dimples, "no one else calls you donghyuck."

---

   donghyuck sat in the dance room calming his breath as his chest heaved up and down heavily. "one more time?" mark asked as everyone shook their heads. they had been practicing for their comeback dance for six hours. the comeback was coming up soon and they wanted everything to be perfect.

   all the songs were recorded, the visual shots and teaser photos had been taken too. they learned all the dances on the album too. the music video shoot would be the next day so they were perfecting the dance so that they could be absolutely in sync.

   "maybe we should do it one more time," jeno stood up and took a big gulp of water. "i don't want to," chenle whined as he laid on the ground dramatically. "cute," jaemin stared at the maknae fondly. "i guess we can do it just one more time," jisung stood up too. donghyuck gave in with a groan and agreed, followed by renjun, jaemin, and lastly, chenle. 

   the music started and they danced following the rythym of the song and keeping up with the tempo. "almost there!" mark called during the dance break. sweat poured down their faces as they gave it their all.

   finally, the music stopped along with their movements. all seven of them collapsed on the floor, catching their breath. 

"yo, dream!" 

"let's do it, fighting!"

   donghyuck smiled. though all the practice was tiresome and took a lot of hard work, he didn't regret it at all. the room consisted of nothing but the sounds of their tired breathing. donghyuck rolled over until he was at renjun's side. 

   his arms latched around the older's waist as he hugged him. "let go of me," renjun grunted out, trying to pry donghyuck's arms from around his waist. "no," donghyuck replied sharply, burrying his head in the other's neck.

   "haechan i swear to go if you don't let go of me," he warned, still trying to move away from the brunette. "ah, why are you so cute," donghyuck laughed in response.

   renjun's lips were pushed into a pout as he glared at the younger. "maybe we should all go back to the dorm and take showers," mark's voice was heard. his voice was sharp and clipped. the tone of his voice was familiar but only used when he was upset.

   the dreamies exchanged nervous glances but eventually shrugged it off, figuring that mark was just tired. after all, he had been meeting up with super m and discussing ideas with their lyricist more and more recenlty. 

   "sure," chenle got up and pulled jisung up who was next to him. one by one, everyone stood up and collected their things before leaving the dance room and locking the door behind them. The seven walked towards the elevator talking mindlessly while mark follwed in the back.

   the elevator ride was slightly awkward with no one speaking. everyone seemed to take great intrest in the elevator music or the tiled design of the walls. "see you guys later," everyone but mark and donghyuck left the elevator, waving.

   donghyuck felt even more awkward when the elevator doors shut closed and he was left in silence with mark. he risked a glance at the male next to him and saw mark's lips drawn in a tight line. he was curious as to why he was in a bad mood and was tempted to ask, but didn't.

   the ride ended and they walked out to the 127 dorms. together, they walked through the dorm lounge recieving curious glances from jaehyun and johnny. donghyuck shrugged his should as response to their raised brows and they gave him a small smile.

   it was extremely unlike mark to be in a sour mood. they walked past donghyuck's dorm but he followed mark all the way to his room. "mark hyung, you aren't angry are you?" he asked nervously, surprised that he suddenly had the courage to ask. "i'm fine, just tired," mark stated quickly. donghyuck was no where near convinced. "you don't seem fine," he knew it was a bad idea to push the topic but he couldn't help it.

   "if i said i'm fine, i'm fine, okay?" mark lashed out, voice rising. "i'm only trying to look out for you, why are you in such a sour mood?" donghyuck threw back, angrily.

   "leave me alone, haechan," donghyuck didn't like how mark called him that. mark almost never called him that when they were off cameras. "i-i'm sorry, i was just worried about you," donghyuck bit back what he truly wanted to say.

   his voice sounded delicated as his eyes watered. he turned his back to the ravenette and began walking towards him room. "wait," mark said, voice calmer than before. donghyuck didn't turn around, not willing to look him in the eye and risk his tears to fall. 

   "it's been a long day and i just need some alone time. i'm sorry," mark said sincerely. donghyuck nodded his head and walked off without another word. 

---

   mark sat in his room, regretting his harsh words after his brief shower. it took him five minutes to get up and walk to the younger's room. he knocked on the door, but got no response. slowly, he opened the door and heard the shower water running along with muffled sounds.

   he pressed his ear to the door and his heart shattered at the sound of the younger's crying. taking his bottom lip in between his teeth, he knew that a proper apology needed to be said. at their current state, he didn't know how to approach the younger.

   if it were another timeline and he was another person, he would've waited for the younger to et out of the shower before embracing his in a hug, whispering comforting words in his ear. unfortunately, mark didn't have enough confidence to do that and figured that donghyuck wouldn't want to see him anyway.

   he left the bedroom, closing the door gently behind him. he sat on the couch in the lounge before another figure approached him. "mark-ssi, are you okay?" one of the staff that had come in to check on everyone, asked.

   mark recognized that she was one of the new staff people. she was older than mark by a couple years but treated him well. "yeah, i just have a lot of stuff on my plate right now," he replied. she nodded and tried to lift the mood with a few jokes. mark found himself laughing and felt slightly better already. 

---

donghyuck finished his shower and left the room to get some iced water from the kitchen. he hoped that his eyes weren't too red from crying so that no one would notice. he poured himself a glass of ice cold water and set it on the counter before hearing one of his favorite sounds; mark's laughter.

   his eyes followed the sound and his heart strings tugged when he saw him with a bright smile, laughing. his heart dropped when he saw who was next to him, making him laugh. it was the newest staff member. his blood turned cold as he recognized her to be a staff member who was pretty close to mark. 

   she was tall, pretty, and had the most beautiful pale skin. donghyuck grew insecure as he stared at her. she had everything he didn't. he looked at the tan skin on his arm and suddenly wished he had agreed to lee sooman when he offered to bleach donghyuck's skin.

   he took the water in hand, and quickly walked back to his bedroom. he set the water on his nightstand and sat in the bed, pulling the comforter over his legs, and picking up the teddy bear. "i have a confession to make...," he began nervously. it was something he had yet to confess to himself as well, and by saying it, he would be confirming the thought which had been swarming in his head for the past few days.

"i think i like mark— no, i know i like mark... more than a friend."

   the bathroom door which had already been opened a crack opened wider, revealing a shirtless jaehyun with wide eyes. "haechan what the fuck?"

-----

word count: 2061

thanks for reading! we got a sneak peek at jealous mark ;) how do you feel about haechan's confession? i feel like this story is a bit rushed but feel free to tell me what you think. also i'm curious as to who you're nct 127 bias is. mine is definitely hyuck but please let me know in the comments.

beatbox was such a succes, i'm in love. the chenji harmony part TT. everywhere i go, bring the beatbox 🎶 

✎ ---- dreaminghyuck⤾