25. Main Rogues Den

If I could find a way to help Harlow get some free time to run in her spirit form I would in this instant

If I could find a way to help Harlow get some free time to run in her spirit form I would in this instant. The one thing I hate to see if her feeling like she is losing control.

After tonight I am hoping that we will have some free time as the main rogue will be needing to be hung up with silver to start tiring him out.

Free time is something weighing heavily on me as well. Not for all the same reasons that Harlow is needing it though, for me it is the one item I have held for decades just for my mate. When I think back on the item it seems very fitting for Harlow, like I knew it would fit her way back in the day not even knowing it would be for her specifically.

There is a place that I am giving as a silent promise to take Harlow too.

"You always ask where my mind is at and now it should seem it is your time to let me in." Harlow's sweet voice distracts me.

All to which I am grateful for as now is not the time to be thinking of all of this. Tonight has to happen first and there is still to many obstacles that could go array if this rogue is lying to save his life.

"Just thinking on tonight." I hide the one part, making me feel guilty but it is something that I need to show her once we have the free time and not just words.

Why ruin the moment of it all if she is expecting it? I want to take her off guard all together for when the time comes. As rulers we normally don't get much free time as it has to just be made available from any personal time we would get. One part we scarfice often to make sure that our members are cared for.

"Well, Czar has made sure that some of the guards will be stationed with silver filled darts. It is just a painful as being hit by a bullet, but a wolf can heal from a normal bullet if not hit in two areas."

"Areas? As in the heart?" I question not knowing that bit of information.

"Yes and the head of course. We may be much stronger than a human but those two areas no one can come back from." Harlow nods.

"So with the silver darts, what happens?"

"Well they will be in a great deal of pain, but we can administer a medication to rid it of their systems unless we choose that death seems to be the only answer for them."

"Do you have to kill wolves often?" I ask curious, since dragons tend to be extremely rare one has to be killed.

"No, this is the most I have ever had within my ruling as Queen." Harlow sighs.

"You didn't fail, you know." I rub her arm, needing to give her reassurance.

"I have never thought that, but this just makes me feels ways that I am not used to. Although, it still doesn't feel like failure just maybe blind to the fact this started within my own lands."

A knock on the door, pulls us apart for me to answer it.

"Dinner is ready if you both want any. Czar and Malik are in the kitchen area as well." Zalia smiles.

"We will be down." I smile back, as we need to just go over the plans one last time before we leave out.

It seems like we are speaking with the others in no time about how we hope tonight shall proceed. Before we know it Malik and Czar give their mates a sweet kiss and leave to retrieve the rogue.

Harlow and I step outside and join the warriors and guards going with us tonight. The group is rather small for a quick and easily slip in and out. If need be we have more wolf warriors at the border on the wolf side and I have more guards waiting for the call here if needed.

Malik and Czar step up with the rogue, placing him right in front of Harlow and I.

"I hope your were not lying." I give a stern look.

"My King, I assure you I was not. There is nothing more I want more than going back to my mate." The rogue gives us a teary eye look.

"Lead the way to the main rogue that is in charge of all the attacks. Once we have him here as a prisioner, I will free you immediately." Harlow nods to the rogue.

Just as planned, Harlow and her warriors shift into their spirit form. It is easier for them to already be in this form if fighting were to occur. The dragon guards are holding the weapons with the silver darts. Malik is without a weapon and Czar is not shifted, as they wanted the task of holding the current rogue we have leading the way.

I step up to Harlow, letting my hand brush through her silk fur. A soft hum comes from her with the enjoyment of my touches.

As we start to walk in the direction of the main rogue, I keep a hand on Harlow the entire time. Her head reaching my shoulder. Her eyes seem to dart around, as her ears twitch listening for anything. The darkness is still easy for us all to see with our spirits enhancing it for us.

Time seems to pass slowly with the pace we are moving at. This is the best pace to where everything can be as quiet as possible. We have hope that with the timing of night they will be asleep and a simple in and out job.

Harlow stops and holds back just as Malik and Czar stop with the rogue. A twig snaps just off to our right.

Within seconds a dirty looking wolf jumps out towards us baring its teeth. The guard right behind me shoots a dart making the wolf fall to the ground. The weapon not putting off but a small puff of air once fired, that is definitely convenient in keeping things on the down low.

The rogue with Malik, holds his hands up and points just off to the other side of the trees.

Harlow looks to me and I know without a doubt. We are here at the main rogues den.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

Are they officially there though?

Any guesses on what will happen?