13. Riddle

You would expect that sleeping would help relieve the exhaustion feeling? This is not the case, for either Harlow or myself

You would expect that sleeping would help relieve the exhaustion feeling? This is not the case, for either Harlow or myself. Breakfast breezes by, but we seem to be having issues with focusing.

There is to much at hand for the both of us to feel this way. Strangest thing is after marking is when this feeling started to happen. Could it be because of us being two different species that are mates, and just simply acting on natural instict with who we are?

Much to soon Malik and Kaida walk through the doors, causing me to let out a small groan. So far this morning it has just been Harlow and I. Currently just from the stand point of things on this exhaustion, I could honestly just skip anything that isn't my mate.

If that is not to boot, Czar and Zalia walk in directly behind them. In which, Harlow groans with me but buries her head in her arms on the table. It strikes something in me seeing that her being so fatigued that her food has been untouched.

"Good morning." Kaida sings.

She works on gathering food for the four of them.

"You both look like you had a long night. Surely, neither of you were in the dungeons?" Czar studies us.

"No, nothing like that." Harlow mumbles, before raising her head up.

"More like a night of getting to know each other as mates." Malik smirks.

"Not that either, my friend." I sigh.

"That is usual and difficult on mates. It is clear to tell you both bare each others markings. If you didn't consumate the mating this could be the cause of your current states." Zalia smiles towards us, with her voice soft as ever.

Never did it occur to me this could possibly be the reasoning. What am I to do? Take Harlow to my chambers and us finish our bond. I couldn't do that unless she was even willing. Last night was still magical to me and for the most part seeming to be for Harlow, due to we both reached our peaks and releases.

Honesty aside, nothing more I would rather do in this moment. If I could hold my eyes open long enough to be capable of such acts, because once in bed sleep would be the only answer. With a mutual feeling for Harlow no doubt.

"You're saying a roll in the sheets, fucking, would be the key to ending this misery?" Harlow looks to Zalia.

Zalia slowly nods her head, wide eyes with the bluntness of Harlow's words. "It makes the most sense. With wolves during the completion of the mate bond marking doesn't happen until the peak of the climax."

"It is the exact same for us dragons." Kaida pitches in.

Should seem neither one of these ladies are shy about the fact we are opening discussing this. Dealing not only about it being Harlow and I, but at that breakfast table no less. Doesn't their mates tend to their needs or are they still just horny?