Chapter 11: The Blade's Curse

Начните с самого начала

Akiri: Miss Himeko, snap out of it!

He didn't get any response from her as with an enraged shout, she gathers her strength and pushed his blade away before going for another swing. Akiri parried the attack, however, that did not stop her as she repeatedly swung her sword at him.

Akiri: Damn...!

Meanwhile, with Fu Hua and Kiana, they were still in hiding, peeking around the corner to see Himeko and Akiri engaged in a close battle against each other.

Kiana: Aunt Himeko... How did this happen...?

Fu Hua: I see... The day has finally come...

Kiana: What...?

Fu Hua: Kiana, you would know that as a Kaslana, this doesn't apply to you. As Valkyries, our power comes from artificial Stigmatas implanted in us

She explained.

Fu Hua: But, this is also a fatal poison. Our bodies will slowly but surely be taken over by Honkai energy. Himeko had only four years left to live before she would eventually get corrupted by the Honkai

Kiana: Corrupted? But aunt Himeko's still alive!

Fu Hua: No, Kiana. I'm afraid the major is already dead...

Sparks flew, and the sounds of clashing metal were heard echoing in the cave as Akiri kept parrying and blocking Himeko's constant attacks, but he was slowly getting pushed back, being overpowered by the sheer strength of Himeko's swings.

Akiri: Guys, a little help here?!

Fu Hua gritted her teeth, about to engage, but then she falters on her step as her mind began to wander.

Fu Hua: ...

(Flashback)

It was a whole year ago, back at St. Freya Academy. Specifically, a special burial site for where the brave fallen warriors of Shicksal's South East Branch Valkyries were laid to rest.

The sunlight was obstructed by dark clouds as it pours rainwater down upon the graveyard while the sounds of thunder occasionally intrude on the peaceful field.

Fu Hua had an umbrella opened to shield her from the rain as she walks towards a red-haired person, standing quietly in front of a fresh gravestone with a bouquet of flowers placed on top.

Fu Hua: Miss Himeko...

The girl muttered her name as she stopped just behind the mourning woman.

Himeko: ...

Himeko only stayed silent and Fu Hua was quiet as well, not wanting to disturb her any further. The silence went on for a while longer until Himeko then started to speak.

Himeko: The Honkai energy levels in Anna's body suddenly spiked during our mission... Her mind was corrupted by the Honkai. And so, I had to kill her

She pauses for a brief moment before gaining the courage to continue.

Himeko: Anna surely has known. That becoming a Valkyrie means accepting the risk of being corrupted at any time. It's the price for gaining the power to protect others...

Her voice quivers at the last word.

Fu Hua: Major... Hearing you say such sad things... It's a disgrace to your resolute nature!

The major only raised her head to look at the pouring dark clouds, letting the raindrops fall on her face.

Himeko: A disgrace...? Perhaps so...

She muttered.

Himeko: Ever since we chose to become Valkyries, I think we've all known that one day, it would come to this...