Episode 35 "Mummy in the Maze" Part 2

Começar do início

Hodgin then says, "At a maximum of two hours travel time. So, what, remove everything more than a hundred miles away?" "Too simplistic. If it's on a highway, it could be up to 120 miles away. Secondary roads, taking traffic patterns into account less than 50, depending on the time of day and weather conditions." I chuckle as Temp says, "It'll go faster if you do the calculations in your head, Zack, and don't explain it to us." "Thank you." We watch as Zack thinks and starts imputing calculations into the computer. We then see that he had narrow it down as Hodgins asks, "How many does that leave?" "31." "No. No way the police can hit all those. Not spread thin on Halloween."

I then say, "We can narrow it down further. Factor: mummification." Zack nods, "Yes, particulates plus mummification requires..." Temp adds, "A steady, continuous apply of dry air." Hodgin adds, "A larger oven with blowers." Temp then says, "I'd like to assume that the automotive particulates arrived with the blowing air." "Heated underground parking lots." Zack then asks, "How is that not guessing?" I then say, "Einstein referred to such assumptions as acceptable 'intuitive leaps." Zack nods, "I acknowledge Einstein as a scientific authority." "I know you do Zackaroo." He inputs the information as it narrows down a little as he then says, "But he failed us this time." I then say, "The answer is in the anomalies." Hodgin nods, "The Hawaiian spore." I add, "Also steel dust. And that is made by grinding, drilling, abrading." Zack adds, "Scraping, milling." Hodgin adds, "Train wheels. Okay, intuitive leap. When a train turns, it grinds the rails, creates steel dust." Temp then says, "Subways... which also provide warm, dry air. They're vented. What we need now are florists who carry Hawaiian flower which are situated directly over subway tracks." I smile and nod as I grab Temp and start walking away as Hodgin says, "Wow. Hey, where are you going?" I then say, "To get Ranger. Call us when you find the florist." They nod as we left.

We are in the car now with Booth as he asks, "You sure about this?" Temp shakes her head, "Not at all." "Because you guessed." "But we do not guess." I then say, "Sorry Temp, but that was guessing." Booth nods adding, "I dare you to put that Lasso of Truth around you." "Now you're being completely irrational. This lasso doesn't actually work. These bracelets aren't actually made of Amazonium. They're stainless steel. They can't stop a bullet." The phone rings as Booth says, "Okay." Temp answers, "Brennan." Cam then speaks, "Aloha Floral Supply between Friendship Heights and Bethesda." Angie adds, "The store sits right over the Red Line." I smile and say, "Thank you." Booth then speaks into his radio, "Dispatch, 22705." "22705, Dispatch." "22705 requests backup and local units at Aloha Flowers between Friendship Heights and Bethesda. Oh. Please be advised that agents are UC dressed as a Squint, Wonder Woman and a Roman Goddess." "Repeat, 22705." "Just picture a scientist nerd brainiac dweeb, dork, whatever." Temp adds, "And Wonder Woman." I also add, "Also a Roman lady." Booth also repeats what we said. "Acknowledge, 22705."

We made it to the shop as Booth says, "Ah, it's closed." We got out as he then says, "Go around the back." We follow him as he takes out his gun as I lift my dress where the slit is and take my gun out from my holder that is on my thigh." Temp has a flashlight as we stop at an air vent as Temp says, "Dry air." Booth adds, "Subway..." I add, "Florist..." Booth nods, "Okay, stand back." I nod and grab Temp and move away. Booth shoots the lock open as we open it and climbed down the steps with Booth first down then me and finally Temp. Booth covers us as I help Temp get down. We then see Temp take out a gun as we looked at her amazed and confused as Booth asks, "Okay, where did you even find a place to carry that?" She ignores the question and says, "Look. Could I please shoot this one?" I then say while walking up to the chained door. "Temp it's not locked."

I pull it open as Booth walked through the door first With Temp next and me last. We walked around carefully as Temp sees something, "Booth, Ven." We follow her threw a door as we enter a room seeing a table with small bottles as I look at them and smell it from a distance, "Ceder oil, lacquer. This is where the killer mummified the bodies." Booth adds, "Ephedrine, other... other drugs. I know who the murderer is." Temp then asks, "Who?" "Let's get out of here." I nod as Booth explains it to us, "Lola beats up the girls, leaves them bleeding. Who shows up to help? Access to drugs." I then say, "The EMT." Temp adds, "Smart. You should wear a lab coat at all times." Booth continues, "Puts them in the back of his ambulance, he knocks them unconscious."

I nod as we then hear a woman screams, we quickly made our way over there as Booth says to us, "Just stay there." We still follow him as Booth pulls the lock seeing that it won't open as I say, "The screams are coming from inside. I am on one side as Booth moves out of the way from the door as Temp brings up her gun and says, "Can I shoot it?" Booth and I yell at the same time, "No!" She doesn't listen as she still shoots as the bullet bounces off hitting my leg. I yelp as I go down holding my calve as Temp says, "Sorry! Sorry, Ven!" "It's fine other then you shooting me! It's okay..." I try standing back up as I then say, "Nope... never mind." Booth then comes over quickly and says to Temp while checking on my calve, "I said no! Don't shoot! No!" Temp then asks, "Are you all right? I think the bullet bounced off my bracelet. Just like Amaxonium." I chuckle, "Nice."

Booth also says, "Dang, Bones." Temp was still able to break the lock and open the door as Booth helps me stand up. Holding me up. Temp opens the door revealing snakes hissing. Temp and I scream as I jump on Booth and Temp jumps on a stole. Booth just holds onto me confused at us as he says, "What are you two doing? They're not poisonous." We both say at the same time, "We know! We know." Then why don't you come down and you stop climbing me?" I spoke first, "I already said that I don't like snakes." Temp then says, "It seems I'm not completely in control of my actions." Booth holds me up with an arm on his side as he turns around for Temp to get on his back as he says to her, "Just get on my back." She does as Booth and I go down a bit as I hold on as he says, "Ooh! God. Bones. Ow."

I then say, "Leave me here where Temp was and you two go inside and help Megan." "Are you sure Blueberry?" I nod as Booth leaves me as I sit there as Temp and him go in as they point a flashlight at the area full of snakes and a girl on a corner as Booth asks, "Megan? It's okay. Can you understand me?" She sobs but nods. I hid noticing someone coming over. I see him at the door with a shot gun as Megan screams. Temp and Booth were already halfway to her when the clown clocks the shotgun. They turn around seeing the clown as I get out and tackle the clown as Temp shoots and misses. I could hear Booth say, "Just stop shooting at things." After that I was struggling with the clown as he then flips me over kicking me away. He starts running away as I stand back up and quickly follow while limping. I try to ignore the pain as I follow him up the stairs.

I ran and tackled him again as we both fell down to the ground floor we were previously in. His shotgun went off as I didn't notice that it shot near Booth as he took cover. He pushes me down and shoots at Booth again but misses. I quickly kick him as I then ask, "How could a guy with military training miss with a scattergun?" We kept on going at it as I struggle to disarm him as Booth shouts, "What were you, Navy?" I ripped off the mask revealing the EMT guy's face as he punches me in the stomach as he says, "Infantry. Which is why I know you're carrying the 50-caliber 500. Well, that's five shots. And by my count... you only got one shot left." I quickly act and punch him as I say, "Yeah he does, but you're a bit occupied with me." I just need to give Booth enough time for him to find an opportunity. I then see Temp coming out with Megan as the ETM guy quickly aims at them. I also quickly grab the gun and aimed it in the air where it missed the two as my hand got burned a bit as I hiss. Booth then asks, "Bones, you all right?" "We're okay."

I kept on fighting with the guy as I say to Booth, "You better make this worth the shot Ranger." I pushed the guy towards a rusty think metal wall as I hear a shot behind the wall. I look down and see that I had blood on me as I looked at the EMT guy and see that he got shot in the chest as he turns to me and falls to the ground as I come out as well as I say, "That was one hell of a shot." "Booth comes over to me seeing blood on me, "Did I get you as well." I shake my head and look down seeing that he got shot on the side of his stomach. "Sorry about that, didn't see you there." "It's fine." Temp comes out with Megan as we look at her as Booth says, "Now can you see why I hate clowns?" I nod. "Let's go, I still have a party to run." Temp nods as Booth says, "Not after we go to the hospital." I shrug as we left.

We came back to the Jeffersonian as they wrapped a bandage around my calve as I refused crutches. They just told me to be careful. We all got out of the car as I told the two that I was going up ahead and meet Jimmy and have him catch me up on everything that happened. We waive each other off as I start getting back to work with Jimmy's help.

*******************************************************************************************

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN "BONES". IT IS OWNED BY JOSEPHSON ENTERTAINMENT, BY HART HANSON. I ONLY CLAIM MY CHARACTER VENUS BRENNAN. I ALSO DON'T OWN ANY OF THE IMAGES. THANK YOU.