Chapter - 79 | Spirit Of Vengeance

Start from the beginning

"Dekho beta..."

"Meri baat ka bura mat maanna..."

"Main tumhe udaas nhi dekh sakti... Isiliye kuch kehna chaahti thi tumse..."

She tried to show him that she understands him and his feelings the best.

She began again, "Shaurya beta..."

"Mujhe pta chala... AASTHA PARSO VAAPAS LAUT RHI HAI..."

Shaurya's veins constricted as soon as his ears register the words. His heart sank.

SHE would go away... AGAIN !

SHE would go away leaving him behind as a TOTALLY WORTHLESS thing YET AGAIN !!

He averted his eyes in order to maintain his façade, but all he could feel was grief.

After thirty years, SHE appeared in front of him, and now SHE was going back YET AGAIN, just as she had done before; BY ABANDONING HIM BEHIND.

He swallowed the large lump in his throat, his eyes already watering, but he blinked them away. He didn't want to fall weak.

Devi resumed her talk after sensing the silence.

"Shaurya tum chaaho... Toh ek baar apni MAA se mil-..."

"Badi Maa...", Shaurya finally spoke up, interrupting her with a heavy voice.

"Badi Maa... VO MERI MAA NHI HAI..."

"Aur..." he gulped the lump in his throat.

"Main unka chehra bhi nhi dekhna chaahta...", his jaw clenched, his fist curled due to the torment.

Devi smirked as she listened. This was exactly what she wanted to listen.

She wanted to show him that she wasn't like his mother, who was self-indulgent, and that by telling him to meet his mother, she was showing her "fake" selflessness to him.

She realized by his reply that his "hatred" for his mother hadn't abated, and she wouldn't let it happen anyway in future too.

Now she needed to show her empathetic side to him that she was genuinely concerned if he wanted to meet Aastha.

"Shaurya..."

"Dekho main toh tumhaari Badi Maa hoon... Main achche se samajhti hoon tumhe..."

"Main jaanti hoon mera beta mujhse bohot pyaar karta hai aur mujhe bilkul bhi udaas nhi dekh sakta..."

"Lekin tum kya chaahte ho kya nhi... In sabka khyaal hai mujhe beta..." she said softly.

"Itne saalon baad Aastha yha aayi hai... Ho sakta hai tumhaara usse milne ka man ho... Lekin shaayad mere baare mein sochkar tum apni man ki baat nhi sun paa rhe ho... " she pretended to be humble, while he stood there enraged, his eyes averted.

"Aastha khudgarz ho sakti hai beta... Use tumhaari yaa Shaan ki chinta nhi hoti hogi... Lekin main aisi nhi hoon..."

"Isliye main tumhe btaane chaahti thi ki tum agar usse milna chaahte ho toh mujhe isse koi bhi aitraaz nhi hain... Mujhe koi naaraazgi nhi hogi beta... Tumhaari khushi mein hi meri khushi hai..." she said it while acting emotional.

"Badi Maa..." he finally spoke up.

"Aap galat samajh rhi hain Badi Maa... Aisa kuch bhi nhi hain..."

"Mere liye aapke alaava aur koi MAA nhi hain... So please... Aap aisa bilkul bhi mat sochiye..."